Thesis title: Human behaviour in High-Risk Environments: Understanding how role setting influences individual assertiveness and decision-making in dyads and small teams
Higher educational background
- MSc Air Safety Management
Overview and research interests
Tom looks for reasons behind the recurring phenomena of missing or ineffective intervention and undesired human decision-making in high-risk-environments despite already implemented human factor trainings. His work deals with the work-reality of dyads and small teams in High-Risk-Environments with a special focus on advantages and disadvantages of traditional team and role settings versus alternative options for effective accident and incident prevention.
- Decision Making and Intervention Behaviour
- Human Factors in High-Risk-Environments
- Aviation and Medical Safety Management.
- Co-worker on 'Human Factors im Cockpit - Praxis sicheren Handelns' (Springer, 2010).
- 'Economy versus Safety - the professional's dilemma' (Hindsight No.4, January 2007).
- 'Sicherheitskonzepte in komplexen sozio-technischen Systemen' (Symposium Intensivmedizin und Intensivpflege, Bremen im Februar 2005).