Our vision and strategy is defined by quality, growth and partnership. Discover more about our overarching vision and strategy, performance, planning, sustainable development and sub-strategies.
We aim to be a distinctive global university known for strengths in business and the professions, but with academic quality similar to other University of London Colleges.
Our Vision and Strategy 2026 document guides us on the journey. An open dedication to quality is reflected in two clear ambitions that:
- a clear majority of our academic staff produce world-leading or internationally excellent research; and
- we recruit outstanding students who stay with us, have an excellent academic experience, graduate and progress to satisfying careers.
Key performance indicators show significant success in meeting these ambitions. We have expanded at undergraduate and postgraduate taught levels, transformed our campus estate and significantly grown our research outputs.
This gives us confidence in overcoming the challenges presented by Covid-19.
We live in a rapidly changing world. But here at City, University of London, one thing that remains constant is our collective fundamental purpose.
Every day and every year we strive to:
- transform the lives of our students
- create new knowledge
- commit to academic excellence
- support business and the professions
- contribute to the global good of society.
Our fundamental purpose is upheld by dedicated staff who are guided by five underlying values. We are committed to being:
- Ambitious – a place where people seek new challenges and go the extra mile to achieve strategic priorities
- Collaborative – a place where successes are shared and problems are solved by working together for the common good
- A community – a place where people have pride in the University, are respectful and concerned for each other
- Diverse and inclusive – a place where diversity is a strength and inclusiveness is promoted proactively, with gender equality City’s most pressing challenge
- Organisationally self-confident – a place that knows its strengths and is open about and strives to address its weaknesses.
City’s proud internationalism and London location will be enormous strengths in the uncertain times ahead.