Boards of Studies have delegated authority from Senate for the maintenance of academic standards and quality within their academic subject area.
Our Boards of Studies
There are currently eight Board of studies:
Bayes Business School
- Chair: Professor Andre Spicer
- Secretary: Claire Stack
The Doctoral College
- Chair: Professor Stephen Cottrell
- Secretary: Carlos de Luna Lopez
School of Communication & Creativity
- Chair: Professor Anna Whitelock
School of Health & Psychological Sciences
- Chair: Professor Debra Salmon
- Secretary: Waheeda Dhansey
School of Policy & Global Affairs
- Chair: Professor Charles Lees
School of Science & Technology
- Chair: Professor Rajkumar Roy
- Secretary: Nerida Booth
The City Law School
- Chair: Richard Ashcroft (Interim)
- Secretary: Lorraine Price
Department for Learning Enhancement and Development
- Chair: Professor Pam Parker
- Secretary: Colin Brightwell
Equality and Diversity statement
City, University of London is committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in all its activities, processes, and culture, under its Public Sector Equality Duties and the Equality Act 2010.
This includes promoting equality and diversity for all, irrespective of any protected characteristic, working pattern, family circumstance, socio-economic background, political belief or other irrelevant distinction.
Diverse membership of all committees is expected. Wherever possible membership will consist of at least 30% women and 30% men and representation of other protected groups will be actively considered. Where this has not been met committees should be able to demonstrate what action has been taken to achieve this target.