From proposals and grant applications to researcher development and best practice, our extensive support services guide you and your research across the whole project life cycle.
- Worldwide networks of partners and collaborators in academia and business
- Research groups providing a framework for interdisciplinary collaboration
- Established research support frameworks including good practice and ethics
- Generous benefits to grant-active researchers through our Research Sustainability Fund policy
- Our formal commitment to the Concordat, an agreement between research funders and employers to improve support for researchers.
Supporting your research
Our strategic vision is to advance City's reputation for world-leading and internationally excellent research. Effectively supporting your research is a vital part of that.
Established research resources for grants and grants' management can be accessed within our section.
As well as practical advice and standard procedures, you will also find details of researcher development programmes, training, collaborative opportunities, lectures, workshops and competitions.
We draw on our collective academic experience to help give your research the best support and the widest possible exposure.
More about our research
Integrity and ethics
We are committed to the highest possible ethical standards and promote a culture of best practice and integrity in all our research. Learn more about ethics.
Read our research strategy and vision explaining our priorities, growing our reputation and developing world-leading research with far-reaching impact.
Research Excellence Framework (REF)
Learn more about how our researchers produce world leading and internationally acclaimed research, as measured by the Research Excellence Framework (REF).