City, University of London accepts a variety of fee payment methods. This page gives you details of how to pay using each method.
Debit or Credit card payment
All major debit and credit cards are accepted including American Express.
You will need to provide your student registration number when making any payment, this will be provided to you during your application, admission, registration or on your ID card.
Overseas credit cards will be accepted in GBP. You may have to pay commission to your credit card issuer and will have to accept any exchange rate risk on the transaction.
- Online payment via the University's secure payment website
- Telephone payment line: +44 (0) 3300 889 571
If you are arranging a bank transfer to our bank account:
- Please quote your student registration number first on all bank transfers
- Email a copy of your remittance advice/bank transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You should allow up to three working days for UK Domestic payments to clear and up to seven working days for International payments
- Associated transfer charges and fees must be paid by the remitter
- You will automatically be emailed a receipt once your payment has been received
Our bank account details are as follows:
Account name, number and sort code
- Account name: City, University of London
- Account number: 03028836
- Bank sort code: 50-00-00
IBAN and SWIFT
- IBAN: GB26NWBK50000003028836
- SWIFT: NWBKGB2L
Natwest Bank PLC
PO Box 34
International bank transfers
International students can pay their fees using City, University of London’s payments platform powered by our partner Western Union Business Solutions.
This allows you, your parents and sponsors to pay GBP student fees in the currency of your choice and provides you with a simple and secure way to make your payment.
When you are ready to make your payment, check that the exchange rates presented are competitive for you and that you are obtaining the best rate of exchange if you choose to use this service.
Other international payment providers are available for you to use and the University will accept payment via these other payment providers with more competitive exchange rates.
If your employer, another organisation or company has agreed to pay some or all of your tuition fees, programme fees or module fees, the University can invoice them for the required amount.
Parents, family and friends are excluded from this category; if they assist with your fees, you are classified as self-financing and must pay the fees in line with self-funding students.
You will need to make arrangements to have your sponsorship in place before you can start your course and your employer, organisation or company will be sent an invoice to make the payment on your behalf.
- The payment term for sponsors is 30 days from the date of invoice. They cannot benefit from paying in instalments and payment must be received in full.
- If your sponsor is only paying for part of your tuition fees – or does not pay the amount agreed – you will need to pay the balance.
To provide us with your sponsorship information, you should download and submit our Sponsorship Form.
Payment methods not accepted
City does not accept the following as a form of payment for any fees:
- Personal cheques, business cheques or bankers drafts
Instead, please make a payment using one of the alternative methods on this page – either a card payment online, over the telephone or by bank transfer.
Information for current students
If you are a current student or soon to arrive at City, you can find further support for fees and finance processes on the Student Hub.
Scholarships, bursaries and loans
Read about undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral student loans and search our database of scholarships and bursaries.