The Strategy and Finance Committee reviews City's Strategy and its implementation, considers any proposals or developments associated with major change, and looks at the long term financial sustainability of City.
The Strategy and Finance Committee has been established to provide assurance and advice to Council in relation to: the development of City’s Strategy and its implementation; strategic projects at City, i.e., proposals for major organisational change and developments related to City’s strategic objectives and their implementation; and City’s long-term financial sustainability, through general supervision of City’s finances.
The Committee will seek assurance on these matters, advise Council and assist the Executive in bringing any matters to Council by the process of constructive challenge.
The powers, terms of reference and composition of the Strategy and Finance Committee are set out in the Ordinances.
Independent Members of Council
- Adrienne Fresko
- Simon Harding-Roots
- Adrian Haxby (Chair)
- Julia Palca
- Ron Zeghibe
- (Prof.) Sir Anthony Finkelstein CBE FREng, President
- Akanksha Kumar, Students' Union President
- Professor Elisabeth Hill, Deputy President
- Dr William Jordan, College Secretary
- Sarah Lawton, Committee Secretary
- Marion O'Hara, Chief Financial Officer
- Helen Watson, Chief Operating Officer
- other officers as required.