- Masento, N.A., Dulay, K.M., Roberts, A.P., Harvey, K., Messer, D. and Houston-Price, C. (2023). See and Eat! The impact of repeated exposure to vegetable ebooks on young children's vegetable acceptance. Appetite, 182, pp. 106447–106447. doi:10.1016/j.appet.2022.106447.
- Masento, N.A., Dulay, K.M., Harvey, K., Bulgarelli, D., Caputi, M., Cerrato, G. … Houston-Price, C. (2022). Parent, child, and environmental predictors of vegetable consumption in Italian, Polish, and British preschoolers. Frontiers in Nutrition, 9. doi:10.3389/fnut.2022.958245.
- Pan, D.J., Yang, X., Ku, Y.Y.S., Dulay, K.M., Cheung, S.K., McBride, C. … Ho, C.S.H. (2022). Variability in Asian parents’ English and mathematics skills: A family-based study. Frontiers in Education, 7. doi:10.3389/feduc.2022.898201.
- Caputi, M., Dulay, K.M., Bulgarelli, D., Houston-Price, C., Cerrato, G., Fanelli, M. … Molina, P. (2021). Corrigendum: See & Eat! Using E-books to Promote Vegetable Eating Among Preschoolers: Findings From an Italian Sample. Frontiers in Psychology, 12. doi:10.3389/fpsyg.2021.773658.
- Yang, X., Dulay, K.M., McBride, C. and Cheung, S.K. (2021). How do phonological awareness, rapid automatized naming, and vocabulary contribute to early numeracy and print knowledge of Filipino children? Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, 209, pp. 105179–105179. doi:10.1016/j.jecp.2021.105179.
- Caputi, M., Dulay, K.M., Bulgarelli, D., Houston-Price, C., Cerrato, G., Fanelli, M. … Molina, P. (2021). See & Eat! Using E-books to Promote Vegetable Eating Among Preschoolers: Findings From an Italian Sample. Frontiers in Psychology, 12. doi:10.3389/fpsyg.2021.712416.
- Dulay, K.M., Law, S.Y., McBride, C. and Ho, C.S.-.H. (2021). Reciprocal effects of morphological awareness, vocabulary knowledge, and word reading: A cross-lagged panel analysis in Chinese. Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, 206. doi:10.1016/j.jecp.2021.105100.
- Cheung, S.K., Dulay, K.M., Yang, X., Mohseni, F. and McBride, C. (2021). Home Literacy and Numeracy Environments in Asia. Frontiers in Psychology, 12. doi:10.3389/fpsyg.2021.578764.
- Cheung, S.K., Dulay, K.M. and McBride, C. (2020). Parents’ characteristics, the home environment, and children’s numeracy skills: How are they related in low- to middle-income families in the Philippines? Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, 192, pp. 104780–104780. doi:10.1016/j.jecp.2019.104780.
- Dulay, K.M., Masento, N.A., Harvey, K., Messer, D.J. and Houston‐Price, C. (2020). Me and my veggies: The use of interactive, personalised picture books in healthy eating interventions. Nutrition Bulletin, 45(1), pp. 51–58. doi:10.1111/nbu.12415.
- Cheung, S.K., Yang, X., Dulay, K.M. and McBride, C. (2018). Family and individual variables associated with young Filipino children's numeracy interest and competence. British Journal of Developmental Psychology, 36(2), pp. 334–353. doi:10.1111/bjdp.12222.
- Dulay, K.M., Cheung, S.K. and McBride, C. (2018). Environmental correlates of early language and literacy in low- to middle-income Filipino families. Contemporary Educational Psychology, 53, pp. 45–56. doi:10.1016/j.cedpsych.2018.02.002.
- Dulay, K.M., Tong, X. and McBride, C. (2017). The Role of Foreign Domestic Helpers in Hong Kong Chinese Children's English and Chinese Skills: A Longitudinal Study. Language Learning, 67(2), pp. 321–347. doi:10.1111/lang.12222.
- Dulay, K.M. and Hanley, J.R. (2015). Stress errors in a case of developmental surface dyslexia in Filipino. Cognitive Neuropsychology, 32(1), pp. 29–37. doi:10.1080/02643294.2014.984602.
London EC1V 0HB
Katrina conducts research in children's language and literacy development, with a particular focus on parent-child interactions, home literacy environments, and children growing up in socioeconomically disadvantaged backgrounds and low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). She completed her degrees in psychology in the Philippines (Bachelor of Arts), United Kingdom (MSc), and Hong Kong (PhD) and worked in teaching and research positions in the three countries.
Notable projects include a parent coaching programme to foster language, literacy, and numeracy development in the Philippines (CUHK), a massive open online course about teaching struggling readers around the world (CUHK), an e-book intervention to promote healthy eating among preschoolers in the UK & EU (See & Eat: University of Reading), and an international collaboration to support the oral language development of children in India and the Philippines (TalkTogether: University of Oxford).
Visit the TalkTogether OSF page to download a children's book levelling tool and word corpora in Kannada and Filipino: https://osf.io/3zdfn
Visit the See & Eat page for free e-books to promote healthy eating in preschoolers (available in English, Italian, Dutch, Finnish, French, Polish): https://www.seeandeat.org
- PhD in Psychology, Chinese University of Hong Kong, China, Aug 2014 – Jul 2018
- MSc in Cognitive Neuropsychology, University of Essex, United Kingdom, Oct 2010 – Sep 2011
- AB Psychology, Ateneo de Manila University, Philippines, Jun 2004 – Mar 2008
- Research Officer, University of Oxford, Jan 2020 – Oct 2021
- Postdoctoral Research Assistant, University of Reading, Jan – Dec 2019
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Aug 2018 – Jan 2019
- Lecturer, Ateneo de Manila University, Nov 2011 – May 2014
- Dulay, K.M., Cheung, S.K. and McBride, C. (2019). Intergenerational transmission of literacy skills among Filipino families. Developmental Science, 22(5). doi:10.1111/desc.12859.
- Dulay, K.M., Cheung, S.K., Reyes, P. and McBride, C. (2019). Effects of parent coaching on Filipino children’s numeracy, language, and literacy skills. Journal of Educational Psychology, 111(4), pp. 641–662. doi:10.1037/edu0000315.
- Nag, S., Vagh, S.B., Dulay, K.M. and Snowling, M.J. (2018). Home language, school language and children's literacy attainments: A systematic review of evidence from low‐ and middle‐income countries. Review of Education. doi:10.1002/rev3.3130.