Design your own learning path and accelerate your legal career through our Master of Laws (LLM) postgraduate degree.
The LLM programme at The City Law School can be tailored to your career aspirations. You can either
- Complete the general LLM (Master of Laws) by choosing and completing modules (each module carries 30 credits) constituting a total of 180 credits, including a dissertation of either 30 or 60 credits, or
- Obtain one of the specialist LLMs by achieving a total of 180 credits through taking at least 60 credits and the dissertation (either the 30 credit dissertation or 60 credit dissertation) in the relevant defined specialist area of law (listed below)
- Discover the Master of Laws including full course details of our highly flexible Master of Laws that allows you to select modules across all different areas of specialism according to your own preference.
- The programme will be delivered using a hybrid model of delivery. It is our intention that lectures will be delivered live on campus and live streamed, so that they can be attended regardless of where you are in the world.
- Seminars will be delivered on campus using hybrid teaching technology which allows those who are not on campus to join the class online and participate in the session.
This mode of delivery means our LLM students are able to take the course from overseas if required.
Our specialist LLMs cover a range of different areas of Law:
- International Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Criminal Litigation
- International Banking and Finance Law
- International Commercial Law
- International Human Rights
- Maritime Law
- Public International Law.
All LLM applications are assessed for the general Master of Laws programme. Once you receive an offer to study the LLM, you can choose your particular specialisation at the time of accepting the offer.
Prepare for the New York or California Bar during your LLM
During your LLM year at City you may enrol in an additional, non-credit course to prepare you for taking the New York or California Bar exams, which are increasingly popular options for those seeking to practice internationally or to work at a US firm in the UK.
This course covers foundational aspects of US law and is offered by BARBRI, the leading provider of US Bar Exam training. LLM students choosing to take the US Bar Foundations course will receive a 10% discount on their BARBRI fees.
The City Master of Laws – internationally renowned as one of the best London universities for law