City believes in recognising their employees for the contribution they make by offering a wide range of benefits both in and outside of the workplace.
Generous pay and benefits
At City, University of London we believe in recognising our employees for the contribution they make. That is why we have competitive salaries within an incremental pay structure that enable you to feel rewarded.
In return for working at City, you will receive a range of benefits as part of the employment package. The core benefits include a generous annual leave allowance of 30 days as well as institution specific schemes that can enhance maternity, paternity and adoption leave entitlements.
- Generous annual leave of 30 days plus university closure days and Bank Holidays
- Excellent pension schemes
- A wide range of staff training and development activities
- Salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme
- Free eye tests
- Flexible working and activity-based working
- Interest-free season ticket loan and a range of staff discounts and offers.
Excellent facilities for staff
We have a range of facilities available to our employees, which help to enhance and support the enjoyment of working at City.
We want all of our employees to experience an excellent quality of life and believe in providing facilities that help support this aim.
- City Library; access large printed collections covering a range of disciplines, substantial electronic resources and a wide range of flexible services delivered through five site libraries
- Free seminars and concert series as well as evening and weekend courses at a discounted rate
- Wellbeing including occupational health and staff counselling services.
Our vibrant community
City, University of London is a leading international higher education institution committed to academic excellence, focused on business and the professions and located in the heart of London. Our working environment encourages equality, diversity and inclusion with many staff networks.
Our staff networks include
- The Family and Carers Exchange Network
- Disability Staff Network
- LGBTQI+ network
- Network for Racial Justice
- Religion and belief.