This asset is in a non-live state and changes, or the entire asset, may not be visible to ordinary users. The asset is currently Safe Editing.

Why choose the study abroad programme at City?

Your study abroad semester, your way

Choose City for your study abroad adventure and you will enjoy exceptional academic freedom, as well as the freedom to explore Europe from our London location.

You will have the opportunity to choose topics from all of our academic schools. This flexibility means you can choose to spend your semester developing in-depth knowledge of one specialist area or indulging your interests in a diverse range of subjects.

Making an application

Your application will be considered on academic merit and we will advise you on individual course choices. You should ensure that you have fully discussed your study plans with your home school advisors.

In assessing your application we will look for evidence of a strong academic background. A full transcript and academic reference should be sent in with your application form. There is no application fee.

Entry requirements

We welcome applications from students at institutions in any country and are happy to advise on entry requirements from all systems.

As a general guide we expect applicants to have at least a B average or equivalent. Students applying to City from the American system should have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.

If your first language is not English you will need to provide evidence of your English proficiency. We accept IELTS scores of 6.5 or equivalent. If you do not currently meet this requirement you should consider the pre-sessional English courses with INTO City.

Deadlines, dates and fee details

The application deadlines for the forthcoming 2021/22 academic year are:

  • Autumn 2021 semester or the full academic year: 11th June 2021
  • Spring 2022 semester: 31st October 2021

Late applications will be considered, though accommodation and some courses may no longer be available.

Orientation for the autumn semester takes place from the 29th to 30th September 2021, with teaching from the 4th October to the semester's end on the 17th December.

The tuition fees for the autumn semester are £9,500. If City has a formal agreement with your home institution your tuition fees will be paid by them. If you are from another institution you will be responsible for paying for your fees directly to City.

Details for the spring semester will be published shortly.

Contact details