Follow us on social media to be keep up-to-date with everything that is going on at City.
At City, we recognise and endorse the numerous benefits and opportunities that social media offers. We have a number of institutional level and departmental accounts to interact with our audiences and keep our community up to date with news, events and opportunities.
You can browse these via our social account pages.
The social media team works across the University to support social media campaigns on areas including recruitment, research, events and student and community engagement.
We engage with a number of audiences across social media on a daily basis, including current and prospective students, staff, alumni, and external partners.
We’ve put together some useful social media guidance for students and staff at City who use social media as part of their role or on a professional level.
You can contact the social media team if you have any queries or concerns.
Submitting content to feature on the main City, University of London social media accounts
If you’d like to submit content to share with our social media communities from the official City, University of London accounts, please email us at email@example.com providing the following:
- Whether you are staff, student or alumni
- Suggested text for post (no more than 280 characters for Twitter)
- Which channel you’d prefer this to go on (Twitter/ Instagram/ LinkedIn/ Facebook)
- Links to relevant websites/pages you’d like to direct people towards
- Any relevant social media accounts (Twitter handles, Facebook pages, etc)
- Photographs, images or video content to illustrate/support your post
- The Social Media team will assess if the content is fit for the official social accounts and if it is in line with our overarching strategic plan, and in some cases may direct you to more appropriate channels.