- Gerada, M. and Boal, M. (2021). Celebrating five years of innovative care in the community. CBT today, 49(1), pp. 24–26.
- Gerada, M. (2019). One on one. PSYCHOLOGIST, 32, pp. 80–80.
London EC1V 0HB
I am a Chartered Counselling Psychologist registered with the British Psychological Society (BPS), a Practitioner Psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and an accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist with the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP).
I have worked in clinical practice in the UK for over nine years, in primary and secondary care within the NHS, conducting individual and group therapy. I have worked with different adolescent and adult groups in independent practice, as well as in the voluntary sector in Malta and Kenya. Before qualifying as a psychologist, brief voluntary work experiences in Egypt, Nepal, India and Kenya educated me on issues of diversity and greatly influenced my choice of career.
In my NHS role, working in primary care, I supervised the work of other clinicians for three years. I then had the opportunity to join an innovative, small project that offered specialist care to adults diagnosed with mild to moderate eating disorders in primary care. This was a fantastic initiative that enabled us to offer early intervention that was truly responsive to the needs of the community.
Alongside my work in primary care, I worked as a teaching consultant on a different doctoral programme in London, before joining City University of London in my current role. I have a small private practice in London wherein I work mainly from a Schema Therapy (ST) perspective, incorporating knowledge and skills from Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) , Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Meta-cognitive therapy (MCT) and attachment theory.
I speak three languages, English, Maltese and Italian and have experience of conducting therapy in each.
- Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology, London Metropolitan University, United Kingdom
- MA in Human Rights and Democratisation, University of Malta, Malta
- BPsy (Hons), University of Malta, Malta
- Personal Tutor, City, University London, Sep 2019 – present
- Senior Clinical Tutor, City, University of London, Mar 2018 – present
- Lecturer & Research Supervisor, City, University of London, Sep 2017 – present
English (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review), Italian (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review) and Maltese (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review).
- Europe - Southern
- Europe - Western