What we do
We provide future healthcare professionals with the education, training and skills they need in order to be employable and culturally-agile in an interconnected world.
We produce world-leading research that addresses issues of global concern and shapes policy and practice in the wider world.
We draw on our long-standing and new partnerships with world-leading universities, in order to provide global opportunities for staff, students and those who visit us.
Staff from the department have been involved in developing global healthcare, alongside research collaborations, for example by delivering executive leadership training for senior nurses at the National Guard Health Affairs in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Some ongoing collaborations include:
- Murdoch University and the Australian Alzheimer's Research Foundation
- The Department of Psychology and Speech-Language Pathology, University of Turku and Åbo Akademi University
- The Togolese Ministries of Health and Education and Togolese nursing and midwifery schools
- University of California, Los Angeles
- A teaching exchange with SRH Hochschule, Berlin
- University of Turku and University of Helsinki.
International traineeships and Summer Schools usually take place during the summer break across various disciplines and subject areas
For more information
For more information on the School’s international activities, please see details on each of the School's Department pages.
To discuss opportunities for a partnership with the School of Health & Psychological Sciences, please contact: Dr Raheelah Ahmad, Director for Global Engagement for the School of Health & Psychological Sciences.