- Kahya, H.H. and Raspin, C.G. (2017). Yoga Therapy for the Mind Eight-Week Course: Participants׳ Experiences. EXPLORE, 13(2), pp. 116–123. doi:10.1016/j.explore.2016.12.006.
London EC1V 0HB
Holly is a lecturer and Year 1 personal tutor on the Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology programme, within the School of Health and Psychological Sciences (SHPS). She is the module lead for Person-Centred Approaches in Counselling Psychology (PSM414), providing specialist group supervision, within the same modality, in Years 2 and 3. In addition, she supervises doctoral research on the DPsych programme. Holly started her professional career in teaching in 2003, working with children with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties, including autistic spectrum conditions (ASCs). Since qualifying as a counselling psychologist in 2014, she has worked in a wide range of settings, including a variety of NHS, private and charity mental health services, schools, universities, residential and inpatient services.
Holly has a specialist interest in childhood trauma, neuropsychological-development and complex PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder) and is certified as an Advanced Level Schema Therapist, working with adults with complex mental health issues. She also holds a strong interest in the mind and body in counselling psychology, ecopsychology, neurodiversity and issues related to social justice.
In addition to her academic work, Holly is a practicing counselling psychologist, working in private practice and is qualified as a yoga therapist for mental health.
- EMDR Parts 1 - 3, Richman EMDR Training, United Kingdom, 2021
- Advanced Certified Schema Therapist, Schema Therapy Associates, 2020
- Yoga Therapist for Mental Health, The Minded Institute, 2012
- Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology, City, University of London, United Kingdom, Sep 2011 – Sep 2014
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), Bath Spa University, United Kingdom, Sep 2002 – Jul 2003
- Psychology (BA Hons), University of Manchester, United Kingdom, Sep 1999 – Jul 2002
- Lecturer, City, University of London, Sep 2021 – present
- Visiting Lecturer, City, University of London, Sep 2019 – Sep 2021