The refund policies for deposits paid for study at City.
Deposits are non-refundable except where:
- you fail to meet the conditions of your Offer and City is unable to confirm your place on the programme as a result;
- you cancel the Contract in accordance with clause 8;
- we cancel the Contract in accordance with clauses 9, 10 and 11;
- you fail to secure your Student Visa for any reason other than the provision of fraudulent information or the deliberate omission of information material to your visa application and are able to evidence this to the reasonable satisfaction of City;
- we have to meet the ESFA funding requirements for apprenticeship programmes mapped against the apprenticeship standards.
Please read our Terms and Conditions for full information about City's deposits policies.
To request a refund of your deposit, please complete a refund request.
City must make refunds back to the same bank account or debit/credit card that you used to pay us.
Further information on the refund process:
- If you originally pay by debit/credit card, when sending your refund request we do not require your card details again, as we securely store them when you make payment
- If you originally pay by a bank transfer from a UK bank account, you will need to provide the original bank account details (full bank name and address, sort code, bank account number and account holder name)
- If you originally pay by a bank transfer from overseas, you will need to provide the following information: full bank name, full bank address, payee name, swift code or routing number, bank account number/IBAN number. You will also need to attach a copy of the original bank transfer
- If you originally pay by Cheque or cash, you will need to provide the original bank details (full bank name and address, sort code, bank account number and account holder name).
Before the University can process your refund to a bank account you will need to supply a copy of the bank statement or receipt which clearly shows when the fees were originally paid to us.
The bank details on the bank statement/receipt must match the bank account details that you ask us to refund to. This way we can be certain that we are paying the money back to the same account that was used to pay us.