- Backholer, K., Gupta, A., Zorbas, C., Bennett, R., Huse, O., Chung, A. … Peeters, A. (2021). Differential exposure to, and potential impact of, unhealthy advertising to children by socio‐economic and ethnic groups: A systematic review of the evidence. Obesity Reviews, 22(3), pp. 1–1. doi:10.1111/obr.13144.
- Isaacs, A., Squires, C.G. and Hawkes, C. (2021). How Is COVID-19 Shaping Families’ Relationships With Food and the Food Environment in England? A Qualitative Research Protocol. International Journal of Qualitative Methods, 20, pp. 160940692199137–160940692199137. doi:10.1177/1609406921991371.
- Isaacs, A., Burns, N., Macdonald, S. and O’Donnell, C.A. (2020). ‘I don’t think there’s anything I can do which can keep me healthy’: how the UK immigration and asylum system shapes the health & wellbeing of refugees and asylum seekers in Scotland. Critical Public Health pp. 1–11. doi:10.1080/09581596.2020.1853058.
- Blum, N., Berlin, A., Isaacs, A., Burch, W.J. and Willott, C. (2019). Medical students as global citizens: a qualitative study of medical students’ views on global health teaching within the undergraduate medical curriculum. BMC Medical Education, 19(1). doi:10.1186/s12909-019-1631-x.
London EC1V 0HB
Dr Anna Isaacs is a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Centre for Food Policy. She is currently working on a series of projects for the NIHR-funded Obesity Policy Research Unit, exploring how food policies can better support positive nutritional outcomes, particularly in areas of deprivation. More broadly, Anna is interested in exploring how social, political, economic, and environmental factors shape experiences of health and wellbeing in different contexts, how these factors leads to health inequalities, and what policy can do to address this. She has expertise in a range of in-depth qualitative and participatory methods, and experience of working with diverse communities in areas of deprivation.
Anna is trained in public health and anthropological research methods. She completed her PhD at the Institute of Health and Wellbeing, University of Glasgow in January 2018.
- PhD, University of Glasgow, United Kingdom, Oct 2013 – Jan 2018
Publications by category
Journal articles (4)
- Reynolds, C., Isaacs, A., Neve, K., Pereira, L., Sharpe, R. and Wells, R. (2020). Centre for Food Policy at City, University of London response to the EFRA committee enquiry COVID-19 and food supply.