- Wiggins, M., Sawtell, M., Wiseman, O., McCourt, C., Eldridge, S., Hunter, R. … Harden, A. (2020). Group antenatal care (Pregnancy Circles) for diverse and disadvantaged women: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial with integral process and economic evaluations. BMC Health Services Research, 20(1). doi:10.1186/s12913-020-05751-z.
- Sawtell, M., Sweeney, L., Wiggins, M., Salisbury, C., Eldridge, S., Greenberg, L. … Harden, A. (2018). Evaluation of community-level interventions to increase early initiation of antenatal care in pregnancy: protocol for the Community REACH study, a cluster randomised controlled trial with integrated process and economic evaluations. Trials, 19(1). doi:10.1186/s13063-018-2526-6.
London EC1V 0HB
Cathy Salisbury is a research fellow in the department of Health Services Research & Management. Cathy is currently working across two research programmes, including the NIHR-funded REACH Pregnancy programme which is developing and testing new social models of antenatal care in disadvantaged and ethnically diverse urban contexts, and the Connect Hackney Ageing Better programme which is funded by the National Lottery and is testing a suite of community activities to reduce loneliness and social isolation amongst older people.
Cathy completed her PhD in 2020, which explored the use and impact of co-production in the development and implementation of interventions to reduce health inequalities. She used a qualitative research design, combining observations and interviews to identify factors that supported or hindered the use of co-production in a community-centred intervention. She has presented this research at international conferences, including the 9th European Public Health Conference.
Cathy also has an interest in nutrition and is a Registered Associate Nutritionist. Her previous career included project management roles in the public, private and voluntary sectors.
- PhD, University of London, United Kingdom, Sep 2014 – Oct 2020
- BSc Hons Human Nutrition, University of Westminster, United Kingdom, Sep 2009 – Sep 2012
- Research Fellow, City, University of London, Jul 2020 – present
- Research Assistant, University of London, Jun 2019 – Jul 2020