- Valance Hughes
- +44 (0)20 7040 5897
Valance is a Registered Nurse & Registered Sick Children's Nurse specialising in paediatrics who joined City University London in 2009. He previously worked at various London hospital in General paediatrics and Accident and Emergency.
Valance initially worked and studied at the University of New England, Armidale N.S.W, Australia where his degree was in Health science (Nursing). After working at the Royal children;s hospital, Brisbane and obtaining a certificate in paediatrics (specialty oncology/haematology), he moved to the U.K and worked in various east London hospitals. His main area of work has been in general paediatrics and Accident and Emergency with particular interests in nurse practitioning, paediatric physical assessment and high dependency nursing.
PG dip Academic practice
Administrative Roles & Clinical Activity
- Marker and moderator on taught modules
- Personal tutor
- Link lecturer for acorn children's unit and special care baby unit at Whipps cross hospital
- Link lecturer for rainbow ward and paediatric childrens community team at North Middlesex hospital
- Link lecturer for 6B; theatres; Accident and emergency; 7C(B); PASSU and 7D at Barts health (formerly the Royal London Hospital)
Undergraduate and post graduate child nursing program and CPD.
- PNMK modules
- NM3204/NMM084 primary care
- NMM026/078 physical assessment