Pam is a therapy radiographer who joined City University in 1995. She previously worked at Charterhouse School of Radiography.
Pam initially worked as a clinical radiographer in the radiotherapy department at St Bartholomew's Hospital London for seven years before becoming a lecturer. She began her lecturing career at St Bartholomew's School of Radiography, moving to The Middlesex School of Radiography and then Charterhouse School of Radiography before joining City University in 1995.
- MSc Interprofessional health and welfare, London Southbank UNiversity, United Kingdom, 1989 – 1991
- TDCR, Society and College of Radiographers, UK, 1989 – 1990
- FAETC, Acton College, United Kingdom, 1988 – 1989
- HDCR (T), Society and College of Radiographers, United Kingdom, 1987 – 1989
- DCR (T), Society and College of Radiographers, United Kingdom, 1979 – 1981
- Senior Lecturer, City University London, 1995 – present
- Principal Lecturer, Charterhouse College of Radiography, 1991 – 1995
- Lecturer, North East Thames School of Radiotherapy, Jan 1987 – Jan 1991
- Clinical radiographer, St Bartholomew's Hospital, 1981 – 1987
Memberships of professional organisations
- HCPC; SCoR
- Cherry, P. and Duxbury, A. (Eds.), (2009). Practical Radiotherapy:Physics and Equipment. United Kingdom: Wiley-Blackwell. ISBN 978-1-4443-1618-6.
- Flinton, D.M., Thorne, R.J., Waller, S., Nelson, N., Thapar-Francis, P. and Cherry, P. (2002). The effect of the recommendation of two different physical activity strategies on fatigue experienced during radiotherapy. Journal of Radiotherapy in Practice, 2(4), pp. 207–214. doi:10.1017/S1460396902000055.
- BSc (Hons) Radiotherapy and Oncology
- FdSc Radiotherapy and Oncology
RC1021 - Module leader. Common module covering a range of basic introductory topics
RT1024 - Lecturer on this module. Anatomy and Oncology
RT1025 - Module leader - Anatomy and Oncology
RT2023 - Module Leader - Radiotherapy Clinical Practice
RT3024 - Module Leader - Radiotherapy clinical Practice
RT3025 - Module Leader - Radiotherapy Clinical Practice
RT1013 - Module leader - Anatomy and Oncology for FdSc
- Clinical Co-ordinator for the BSc Programme
- Link lecturer to UCLH, The Royal Free Hospital and The London Clinic
- Journal of Radiotherapy in Practice, Member of the Editorial Board.
- Journal of Radiotherapy in Practice, Referee for articles.
- Radiotherapy Fatigue. Disruption to Routine. Holland (2002).
Description: Thorne RJ, Flinton DM, Cherry P, ISRRT World Conference.
- External Examiner at St Georges and Kingston University.