Dr Edward Pinchbeck
- Dr Edward Pinchbeck
- +44 (0)20 7040 0257
Dr Pinchbeck is an applied microeconometrician with research interests in health care, urban and spatial economics, and behavioural economics.
Prior to joining City in Summer 2018, he was based at the Centre for Economic Performance at the London School of Economics. Before returning to academia, he spent around 5 years working as an economist in the UK government, including at the Department of Health, Monitor (now NHS Improvement) and the Department for Business, Innovation, and Skills.
He has a PhD in Economic Geography (LSE), an MSc in Real Estate Economics and Finance (LSE), and an MSc in Economics (Warwick).
- Research Associate, Centre for Economic Performance, Sep 2018 – present
- Fellow in Real Estate Economics, London School of Economics, Sep 2016 – Sep 2017
- Research Officer, Spatial Economics Research Centre, Nov 2014 – Sep 2018
- Economic Advisor, Government Economic Service, Sep 2004 – Sep 2011
- Pinchbeck, E.W. (2019). Convenient primary care and emergency hospital utilisation. Journal of Health Economics, 68. doi:10.1016/j.jhealeco.2019.102242.
- Hiber, C.A.L., Palmer, C. and Pinchbeck, E. (2019). The energy costs of historic preservation. Journal of Urban Economics, 114. doi:10.1016/j.jue.2019.103197.
- Bracke, P., Pinchbeck, E.W. and Wyatt, J. (2018). The Time Value of Housing: Historical Evidence on Discount Rates. Economic Journal, 128(613), pp. 1820–1843. doi:10.1111/ecoj.12501.
- Pinchbeck, E. (2019). Convenient Primary Care and Emergency Hospital Utilization. London, UK: Department of Economics, City, University of London.
- Pinchbeck, E. and Koster, H.R.A. (2018). How do Households Value the Future? Evidence from Property Taxes. London, UK: Department of Economics, City University of London.
- Pinchbeck, E., Gibbons, S. and Heblich, S. (2018). The Spatial Impacts of a Massive Rail Disinvestment Program: The Beeching Axe. London: Centre for Economic Performance.
- Pinchbeck, E., Hilber, C. and Palmer, C. (2017). The Energy Costs of Historic Preservation. London: Grantham Research Institute.
- Pinchbeck, E. (2016). Taking Care of the Budget? Practice-level Outcomes during Commissioning Reforms in England. London: Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.