Dr Edward Pinchbeck
- Dr Edward Pinchbeck
- +44 (0)20 7040 0257
Dr Pinchbeck is an applied microeconometrician with research interests in health care, urban and spatial economics, and behavioural economics.
Prior to joining City in Summer 2018, he was based at the Centre for Economic Performance at the London School of Economics. Before returning to academia, he spent around 5 years working as an economist in the UK government, including at the Department of Health, Monitor (now NHS Improvement) and the Department for Business, Innovation, and Skills.
He has a PhD in Economic Geography (LSE), an MSc in Real Estate Economics and Finance (LSE), and an MSc in Economics (Warwick).
- Research Associate, Centre for Economic Performance, Sep 2018 – present
- Fellow in Real Estate Economics, London School of Economics, Sep 2016 – Sep 2017
- Research Officer, Spatial Economics Research Centre, Nov 2014 – Sep 2018
- Economic Advisor, Government Economic Service, Sep 2004 – Sep 2011
- Bracke, P., Pinchbeck, E.W. and Wyatt, J. (2018). The Time Value of Housing: Historical Evidence on Discount Rates. Economic Journal, 128(613), pp. 1820–1843. doi:10.1111/ecoj.12501.