All practice educators should complete a Practice Educators training day before taking students on placement.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Initial practice educator training
The initial course is aimed at therapists who are new to supervising students, or those who feel they would like a refresher.
Please click here for an overview of the session.
- You should be a Band 6 therapist or a therapist with 1yr+ post-registration experience and completed all NQPs
- HCPC registration
- RCSLT or personal professional indemnity insurance
Initial Practice Educator Training days for 2018-19:
Please note that bookings for the training days can only be made via links below.
- 18th September 2018 (9.30am - 4.30pm) - click here for details and to book
- 19th December 2018 (9.30am - 4.30pm) - click here for details and to book
- 3rd April 2019 (9.30am - 4.30pm) - click here for details and to book
- 21st May 2019 (9.30am - 4.30pm) - click here for details and to book
Update practice educator training and advanced practice educator training
Our update course (1/2 day) is aimed at PEs who have not attended any PE training in the last three years or those that feel they just need a refresher before taking students on placement.
Our advanced course (1/2 day) is aimed at experienced practice educators who would like to further develop their skills and knowledge The following dates will be used for update and/ or advanced courses, as demand requires:
Tuesday 12 September 2017: Update AM (11-1pm); Advanced (2-4.30pm)
- Tuesday 3 July 2018: Update/Advanced at UCL (10am - 12.30pm)
We are currently developing an online update course of which information will be circulated once confirmed.
Bespoke training at your workplace
We are also able to come to your place of work to provide either initial or advanced practice educator training sessions for a whole team. We request that there be a minimum of 20 participants for us to do this. Please do contact us if you would like us to run a session at your place of work.
Placement coordinator network (PCN) meetings
If you are unsure who the placement coordinator is for your service, please contact one of the university placement administrators. Dates for the meetings TBC
Annual Practice Educators Workshop (APEW)
All practice educators are invited to the Annual Practice Educators’ Workshop (APEW). The APEW provides an opportunity for practice educators to share good and innovative practice with their peers. The date for the next workshop TBC.