All training sessions are jointly run with UCL.
Please note that all practice educators should complete a Practice Educators training day before taking students on placement.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com
Initial Practice Educator Training
The initial course is aimed at therapists who are new to supervising students, or those who feel they would like a refresher.
Please click here for an overview of the session.
- You should be a Band 6 therapist or a therapist with 1yr+ post-registration experience and completed all NQPs
- HCPC registration
- RCSLT or personal professional indemnity insurance
Initial Practice Educator Training days for 2018-19:
Please note that bookings for the training days can only be made via links below.
- Monday, 17th September 2018 (9.30 am - 4.30pm) at UCL - click here for details and to book
- Tuesday, 18th September 2018 (9.30am - 4.30pm) at UCL - click here to join waitlist - fully booked
- Wednesday, 19th December 2018 (9.30am - 4.30pm) at City - click here for details and to book
- Wednesday, 3rd April 2019 (9.30am - 4.30pm) at City - click here for details and to book
- Tuesday, 21st May 2019 (9.30am - 4.30pm) at UCL - click here for details and to book
Update Practice Educator Training and Advanced Practice Educator Training
The following dates will be used for update and/or advanced courses, as demand requires:
- Update/Advanced Training:
- Wednesday, 9th January 2019 (1 pm - 5 pm) at UCL - click here for details and to book
Please note that we require a minimum of 10 attendees to deliver the training.
Our update course (1/2 day) is aimed at PEs who have not attended any PE training in the last three years or those that feel they just need a refresher before taking students on placement.
Our advanced course (1/2 day) is aimed at experienced practice educators who would like to further develop their skills and knowledge.
Bespoke training at your workplace
We are also able to come to your place of work to provide either initial or advanced practice educator training sessions for a whole team. We request that there be a minimum of 20 participants for us to do this. Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like us to run a session at your place of work.
Placement coordinator network (PCN) meetings
If you are unsure who the placement coordinator is for your service, please contact one of the university placement administrators. Dates for the meetings are as follows:
- Wednesday, 7th November 2018 (2.30 pm – 4 pm) at City - click here for details and to book
- Tuesday, 7th May 2019 (11.30 am – 1 pm) at UCL - click here for details and to book - followed by lunch and APEW (please note that you will need to book separately to attend the APEW - URL below)
Annual Practice Educators Workshop (APEW)
All practice educators are invited to the Annual Practice Educators’ Workshop (APEW). The APEW provides an opportunity for practice educators to share good and innovative practice with their peers. The date for the next workshop is as follows:
- Tuesday, 7th May 2019 (1 pm – 4.45 pm) at UCL - to start with a networking lunch - click here for details and to book