Paul is a senior lecturer and the Postgraduate Diagnostic Radiography Programme Director here at City University, London. Paul is a diagnostic radiographer specialising in magnetic resonance imaging who joined City University in 2003. He previously worked at the The Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuro Imaging, London and St Bartholomew's and the Royal London Hospitals.
Paul initially worked as a Diagnostic Radiographer at Barts and the London NHS Trust. He then moved to take a Superintendent MRI Radiographer position at the Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuoimaging where he developed an interest in functional imaging techniques.
- MSc Medical Magnetic Resonance
- Pg Cert Academic Practice
- BSc (Hons) Diagnostic Radiography
Postgraduate Diagnostic Radiography Programme Director
Radiography Programmes Committee (Chair)
School of Health Sciences Ethics Committee member
- Member of The Health and Care Professions Council
- Member of the Higher Education Academy
- MRI Radiographer at St Batholomew's Hospital
- University Link Lecturer at St Bartholomew's, The Royal London and Mile End Hospitals
Museum of London Archeology Research
Using projection imaging techniques to assess archaeological specimens exhumed from burial sites within London. In studying ancient remains, the research aims to investigate disease and injury in order to provide a picture of the health of past populations which may also inform the present – for example, tracing the origins of a disease. Specifically, how non-destructive imaging techniques can complement many macroscopic examination techniques in order to enable characterization of bony changes specific to pathological conditions and traumatic injury. Recent work has focused on the use of dental radiography to age subadult specimens and radiological examination of specimens from Bedlam burial ground. Principle collaborators: Don Walker & Michael Henderson.
- Ann Briody
- Thesis Title
- Left ventricular MRI Measurements for comparison between cited "normal" values and West African health volunteers
- Sohail Bhana
- Thesis Title
- The potential for whole body diffusion weighted MRI in multiple myeloma
- Bland, P. and Willis, S.J. (2015). The People: the osteological evidence. St Marylebone's Paddington Street north burial ground Excavations at Paddington Street, London W1, 2012-13 London: Museum of London Archeology. ISBN 978-1-907586-38-5.
- Bland, P. and Willis, S.J. (2016). Challenges of imaging 1896-1930 at St Bartholomew’s Hospital. UK Radiological Congress .
- Bland, P. and Willis, S.J. (2016). Life and time of early radiation pioneers at St Bartholomew’s Hospital. UK Radiological Congress .
- Bland, P., Willis, S.J. and Cobb, C.J. (2016). Secondary radiation dose to the lens of the eye during trauma imaging in the resuscitation room. UK Radiological Congress .
- Bland, P., Willis, S.J., Henderson, M. and Walker, D. (2015). An evaluation of dental radiography to determine age in subadult archaeological specimens. UK Radiological Congress .
- Bland, P., Willis, S.J., Henderson, M. and Walker, D. (2015). Non-destructive imaging: evaluation of archaeological dentition specimens. UK Radiological Congress .
- Bland, P., Willis, S.J., Humphries, S., McHugh, K., Morgan, J. and Walls, D. (2014). Collaboration and communication, developing skills for future healthcare delivery. UK Radiological Congress .
- Bland, P., willis, S.J. and Atutornu, A. (2014). The effect of exposure parameter variation during projection imaging of the chest (CXR) in obese patients. UK Radiological Congress .
- Bland, P., Willis, S.J., Morgan, J. and Zuhair, R. (2014). A comparative evaluation of CT and US in the Imaging of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms. UK Radiological Congress .
- Bland, P., Zuhair, R., Willis, S.J. and Morgan, J. (2014). A comparative evaluation of CT and US in the Imaging of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms BJR Congress series. the UK Radiological Congress 2014 .
- Bland, P., Wills, S.J., Humphries, S., McHugh, K., Morgan, J. and Walls, D. (2014). Collaboration and communication, developing skills for future healthcare delivery, BJR Congress series. UK Radiological Congress 2014 .
- Bland, P., Willis, S.J., Humphries, S., McHugh, K., Poynter, D., Walls, D. and Morgan, J. (2013). The ‘CASE’ curricula: Creative and Active Student Engagement through technology enhanced learning. Higher Education Academy Health and Social Care Conference .
- Bland, P., Willis, S.J., Humphries, S., McHugh, K., Poynter, D., Walls, D. and Morgan, J. (2013). Tablet technology: does it enhance learning and develop clinical skills? BJR Congress series. UK Radiological Congress 2013 .
Programme Director: MSc Radiography (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) http://www.city.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/radiography-medical-magnetic-resonance
Programme Director: MSc Radiography (Computed Tomography) http://www.city.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/radiography-computed-tomography
RD2022 - Science for Medical Imaging 2
RC1031 - Common Module 1
RD1033 - Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology 1
RD1035 - Principles of Imaging in Practice 1
RD1036 - Radiographic Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology 2
RD1038 - Principles of Imaging in Practice 2
RD2022 - Science for Medical Imaging 2
RD2023 - Principles of Imaging in Practice 2
RD2024 - Professional Practice in Medical Imaging
RC3021 - Extended Literature Review/Project
RD3022 - Equipment Evaluation
RD3023 - Image Interpretation & Evaluation
RD3024 - Preparation for Clinical Practice
RCM124 - Physics and instrumentation of MMR
RDM017 - Clinical Applications of MMR
RCM012 - Dissertation
RCM010 - Student negotiated module 1
RCM013 - Diagnostic Pathways / Comparative Imaging
RCM005 - Evidence based practice
Dental Radiography [short course]
- Diploma of dental hygiene, UCLH
- Diploma of dental therapy, UCLH
- Bank MRI Specialist Radiographer St Bartholomew’s Hospital (2012 to present)
Bank MRI Specialist Radiographer Royal London Hospital (2012 to 2016
External Examiner PG Radiography University of Cardiff (Sept 2011 to Aug 2015)
External Examiner PG Computed Tomography University College Dublin (Sept 2012 to Aug 2015)