- Kateryna Netkachova
- +44 (0)20 7040
Kateryna holds a degree with distinction in Computer Engineering (2008) and a PhD (Cand. of Sci., 2013) in Technical Sciences/Information Technology.
She joined the Centre for Software Reliability (CSR) at City University London right after completing her PhD to work on a security and safety research project SESAMO (Artemis JU project, 2012-2015). Starting from 2014, she also takes part in the CEDRICS project that addresses research questions on cyber security risks in industrial control systems.
Prior to joining CSR, Kate worked as a lecturer in the Department of Computer Engineering, Taurida National V.I. Vernadsky University, Ukraine (2008-2012) and conducted academic research in the field of software dependability under the supervision of Prof. V. Kharchenko. In parallel with her teaching and research work, Kateryna held a full-time Team Lead position at a software development company Extensoft, providing management, support and quality assurance for the Artisteer tool (2008-2012), preceded by a technical support position for the CodeCharge Studio product at YesSoftware company (2006-2008).
After joining CSR, her further industrial experience includes a part-time consultancy and industrial research experience at Adelard LLP (London, UK).
PhD in Technical Sciences, National Aerospace University – Kharkiv Aviation Institute, Ukraine, 2013
Specialist in Computer Science, Taurida National V.I. Vernadsky University, Ukraine, 2008
BSc in Computer Engineering, Taurida National V.I. Vernadsky University, Ukraine, 2007
07/2013 - to date Adelard LLP, Consultant, Product Manager
11/2012 - to date City University London, Research Assistant
09/2008 - 10/2012 Taurida National V.I. Vernadsky University, Lecturer
12/2008 - 10/2012 Extensoft, Inc., Technical Support Team Manager
01/2006 - 12/2008 YesSoftware, Inc., Technical Support Engineer
- Andrashov, A.A. and Netkachova, K.I. (2012). Safety Case-oriented system requirements analysis: training. National Aerospace University "Kharkiv Aviation Institute" (KhAI). ISBN 978-966-662-270-2.
- Kharchenko, V.S., Netkachova, K.I., Orekhova, A.O., Tarasyuk, O.M., Gorbenko, A.V., Sklyar, V.V., Brezhnev, E.V., Babeshko, E.V. and Illiashenko, O.O. (2012). CASE-Assessment of critical software systems. National Aerospace University "Kharkiv Aviation Institute" (KhAI).
- Andrashov, A.A., Gordeyev, A.A., Lobachova, K.I. and Kharchenko, V.S. Software Quality Assessment and Expertise. ISBN 978-966-662-188-0.
- Netkachova, K., Müller, K., Paulitsch, M. and Bloomfield, R. (2015). Security-Informed Safety Case Approach to Analysing MILS Systems. European Network of Excellence on High Performance and Embedded Architecture and Compilation (HiPEAC), International Workshop on MILS: Architecture and Assurance for Secure Systems 19-21 January, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Netkachova, K., Müller, K., Paulitsch, M. and Bloomfield, R. (2015). A layered approach to architecting security-informed safety cases (applied to an avionics case study). .
- Netkachova, K., Bloomfield, R., Popov, P. and Netkachov, O. (2015). Using structured assurance case approach to analyse security and reliability of critical infrastructures. .
- Netkachova, K., Netkachov, O. and Bloomfield, R. (2015). Tool support for assurance case building blocks: Providing a helping hand with CAE. .
- Netkachova, K., Müller, K., Paulitsch, M. and Bloomfield, R. (2015). Investigation into a layered approach to architecting security-informed safety cases. .
- Bloomfield, R. and Netkachova, K. (2014). Building blocks for assurance cases. .
- Bloomfield, R.E., Netkachova, K. and Stroud, R. (2013). Security-Informed Safety: If it's not secure, it's not safe. 5th International Workshop on Software Engineering for Resilient Systems (SERENE 2013) 3-4 October, Kiev, Ukraine.
- Netkachova, K. (2011). The Concept, Design and Implementation of Safety Case Cores. Critical Infrastructure Safety and Security 11-13 May, Kirovograd, Ukraine.
- Lobachova, K. and Kharchenko, V. (2007). A Conceptual Approach to Assessing Composite Component-Based Software System Reliability. Advanced Computer Systems and Networks: Design and Application 20-22 September, Lviv, Ukraine.
- Lobachova, K. (2007). Analisys of Apache and IIS web servers reliability. InfoTech 10-16 September, Sevastopol, Ukraine.
- Netkachova, K. and Bloomfield, R.E. (2016). Security-Informed Safety. Computer, 49(6), pp. 98–102. doi:10.1109/MC.2016.158.
- Netkachova, K. (2012). The model and implementation of Safety Case Cores. Information & Security, 28(2), pp. 286–295.
- Netkachova, K. and Kharchenko, V.S. (2012). Analyzing the Dynamics of software vulnerability detection using a logistic curve. Systems of Control, Navigation and Communications, 2(22), pp. 173–177.
- Netkachova, K. (2012). Predicting the number of software defects based on testing results. Radioelectronic and Computer Systems, 7(59), pp. 92–95.
- Netkachova, K. and Pokrova, S.V. (2011). Оценка и обеспечение безопасности систем электронного образования на основе веб-сервисов. Бизнес Информ, 6, pp. 183–186.
- Netkachova, K. (2011). Safety assurance and trust cases with the use of formal notations. Weapons Systems and Military Equipment, 3(27), pp. 89–97.
- Netkachova, K. (2011). Information Technology for Assessing ICS Functional Safety Using Parameterized Safety Case Tools. Systems of Control, Navigation and Communications, 4(20), pp. 230–232.
- Andrashov, A., Kharchenko, V., Netkachova, K., Sklyar, V. and Siora, A. (2010). Safety Case-Oriented Assessment of Critical Software: Several Principles and Elements of Techniques. Monographs of System Dependability, 2, pp. 11–25.
- Netkachova, K. (2010). Safety Case Methodology: Architecting Principles. Radioelectronic and Computer Systems, 7(48), pp. 109–112.
- Lobachova, K.I. (2009). The Concept and Architecture Of Safety Cases: Elements of Analysis. , 7(41), pp. 261–267.
- Lobachova, K.I. (2008). A Multifunctional System for Assessing and Comparing Software Dependability. Radioelectronic and Computer Systems, 6, pp. 219–223.
- Lobachova, K.I. and Kharchenko, V.S. (2008). A Conceptual Approach to Assessing Composite Component-Based Software System Reliability. The bulletin of Khmelnitsky National University: Technical sciences, 4, pp. 17–20.
- Lobachova, K.I. and Kharchenko, V.S. (2007). Assessing Software Vulnerabilities and Recovery Time Using Open Resources. Radioelectronic and Computer Systems, 8(27), pp. 61–65.
- Netkachova, K. Methods and information technology for assessing functional safety of information and control systems with the use of formal notations. (PhD Thesis)
INM419 Assurance Cases (PRD2 A 2014/15)
INM419 Assurance Cases (2012/13)
Tutorials and trainings
"Structured Assurance Cases: A Crash Course"
colocated with the 26th IEEE International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering (ISSRE), Gaithersburg, USA, 2-5 November 2015 (contribution as a co-author of the tutorial)
Served as a second marker for undergraduates projects at City University London: IN3007 Individual Project 2013/14, 2014/15