School of Arts and Social Sciences Studentships
Closing date: 23.59 on 19th January 2020
The School of Arts and Social Sciences at City, University of London, is offering eight full-time, three-year doctoral studentships for 2020/21 entry. Applications are invited from exceptional UK, EU, and international graduates wishing to pursue cutting-edge research within any of the School's departments (note that each department/centre title links directly to the PhD programme for that department):
Applicants in Economics, Sociology and the Violence and Society Centre may also wish to be considered for studentships via the ESRC-funded South-east Network for Social Science (SeNSS) doctoral training partnership. If so, it is important that you make this clear as part of your application.
For further information on SeNSS studentships please visit the SeNSS website
What is Offered
A doctoral studentship will provide:
- An annual bursary at the prevailing ESRC rate (£17,009 in 2019/20)
- A full tuition-fee waiver for UK and EU students. Applications from overseas students are welcome, but the applicant must make appropriate arrangements to cover the difference between the overseas and UK tuition fee.
- Further funds to support research expenses (up to £1000 over three years)
As part of our commitment to doctoral student training, you will also be eligible for appointment as a Graduate Teaching Assistant and are likely to be offered teaching-related duties within your department (to a maximum of 180 hours each year). This work will be paid in full.
The studentships will be awarded on the basis of outstanding academic achievement and the potential to produce cutting-edge research.
- Applicants must hold at least a 2.1 honours degree and a merit-level Master’s degree in a relevant subject (or international equivalent)
- Applicants whose first language is not English must have achieved at least 7.0 in IELTS or a recognised equivalent
- Applicants must not be currently registered as a doctoral student at City, University of London, or any other academic institution.
How to Apply
Applications must be made online using the links to the relevant pages above, and with the materials requested by each department as listed on that page. Applicants are strongly advised to make contact with a potential supervisor within their chosen department prior to making an application.
For any enquiries, please email SASSfirstname.lastname@example.org