This is a bursary offered by City, University of London, aimed at supporting undergraduate students in financial hardship.
The City Education Grant is intended to provide additional financial support to new full-time undergraduates from the very lowest household incomes who are ordinarily resident in England.
- Ordinarily resident in England
- New full-time entrant to City starting your first year in 2021/22
- Not already been awarded a degree
- Household income of zero as assessed by Student Finance England (SEF) by 31st October 2021.
The bursary is worth £1,500 per academic year, for a maximum of three years depending on the household income remaining at zero in the proceeding academic years.
How to apply
In order to apply for the City Education Grant you will need to follow these three steps:
- Apply for Student Finance through Student Finance England (SFE)
- Provide your household income to Student Finance England
- Both you and your sponsors/parents/partner/guardians must give consent to share your household income with City, University of London. Your consent must be activated on your Student Finance England account before/on 31st October 2021. For any queries on giving your consent please contact Student Finance England directly on 0300 100 0607.
You must provide your household income to Student Finance England and your consent to share your household income with City, University of London by 31th October 2021, otherwise you will not be considered for a grant for the full duration of your undergraduate course at City.
Notification and payment
Eligible students will be contacted during January 2022 by their City email address. Payments will be made in two equal instalments in January and April each year. Students must remain enrolled throughout the academic year to retain the grant.