This scholarship is for students who achieve outstanding grades in the international qualifications accepted by the Business School and who exceed the requirements of their offer.
Bayes Business School (formerly Cass) is offering a scholarship worth 25% of the first year tuition fees to International students paying overseas fees and starting a Business School undergraduate course from Year 1 in September 2023. The scholarship will be awarded as a discount in the fee amount due in the first year of their study only.
The scholarship is for students who achieve exceptional grades in the international qualifications accepted by Bayes Business School and their final grades must surpass the advertised academic entry criteria for the course and their offer requirements.
Those applying to Bayes Business School with either A Levels or the International Baccalaureate Diploma qualification are not eligible for this scholarship, but they can apply for our other listed scholarships.
There are 20 of these scholarships available and to qualify for the Bayes Business School International Scholarship in 2023/24, you must meet the following conditions in full:
- Be a student expecting to pay Overseas fees; and
- Be in your first year of undergraduate study in 2023/24; and
- Starting in year 1 of your degree at Bayes Business School of City, University of London, from September 2023; and
- Be expected to achieve academic grades that exceed the conditions of your offer and the advertised academic criteria; and
- Make City your Firm choice, either as Conditional Firm (CF) or Unconditional Firm (UF).
Registration and deadline
The process for applying for Bayes Business School International Scholarship is as follows:
- All International applicants who submitted an application by 25th January 2023 (and have not been made unsuccessful) will be contacted with details of how to apply for the scholarship. Applicants who applied after the UCAS deadline of 25th January 2023 must contact our Admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org if they are interested in applying for the scholarship, and will be sent a scholarship application via email.
- Applicants will have until Thursday 31st August 2023 to submit an application for the scholarship. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- Applications will only be considered if an applicant selects City as their ‘firm’ choice and are due to enrol with us in September 2023.
- Following the 31st August 2023 scholarship deadline, the panel will assess each application based on their final academic results, selecting applicants who have demonstrated the highest performance and who have chosen City as their ‘firm’ choice university. Note that those selected must have exceeded the advertised entry requirement, but exceeding those requirements does not guarantee an award as the selection process is competitive.
- Only applicants who have successfully completed the first two stages of the scholarship application will be assessed at this stage.
- Applicants must have completed registration in full. The deadline for 2023 registration will be 21 days after the first day of term (Welcome Week). This is expected to be 16th October 2023.
- Students who have met the above requirements will receive written confirmation as to whether they have been awarded the scholarship by Thursday 30th November 2023.
- Successful recipients of the scholarship will receive the amount of £5,500 (25% of the tuition fee of £22,000 for first year students commencing their studies in 2023) as a discount to their year 1 tuition fee and the amount will be subtracted from their January 2024 tuition fee instalment.
Value of the scholarship
The value of the Scholarship in 2023/24 will be £5,500 for each student who is awarded this scholarship for Year 1 only.
- Submission deadline: Thursday 31st August 2023
- Notification of scholarship results: Thursday 30th November 2023
Terms and conditions
- The scholarship is available to all undergraduate students assessed as 'International Overseas Fee payers' by City, University of London and who meet the eligibility requirements and terms and conditions in full;
- To be eligible you must have completed registration in full by Monday 16th October 2023;
- Students must be commencing the first year of their degree as a new student i.e. those commencing in Year 2 or 3 will not be eligible;
- Year 0 (Foundation Year) students are not eligible and Year 0 students progressing to Year 1 will not be eligible;
- Students whose fees are reassessed in the middle of their degree or who restart their degree will not be eligible;
- Applicants are required to apply for the scholarship by Thursday 31st August 2023. Those who do not complete the application process by this deadline will not be eligible;
- Applicants must choose City, University of London as their Firm choice through UCAS at initial decision stage;
- Students may be requested to provide additional information in order to confirm their eligibility for a scholarship, typically in relation to their residency or previous studies. Any additional information requested must be provided to City, University of London by the deadline given, in order for a student to be considered for a scholarship;
- City, University of London reserves the right to make changes to the terms and conditions of the scholarship and these will appear on our website;
- If, after applying for one of the scholarships, your circumstances change and you are no longer eligible for that scholarship, you may be considered for one of the other available awards at the discretion of City;
- Applicants from the European Union who have been granted residency rights under the EU Settlement Scheme and are expecting to pay home fees are not eligible for this scholarship;
- Students who are successful in their application to this scheme are not eligible to receive funding from any of our other scholarships;
- Students who are awarded any other scholarship by City, University of London (this includes progression scholarships awarded to Kaplan and INTO students progressing to a Bayes Business School programme) will not be eligible to receive this scholarship and will be excluded from the final shortlist;
- Scholarships are in the gift of the university and we can exclude an applicant at our discretion.