CCRP is a research-oriented centre that brings together academics and practitioners working in the areas of competition and regulation.
Our aim is to develop and disseminate research that can improve the functioning of regulated and non-regulated markets.
To this end, our members are currently working on a wide range of relevant topics in competition and regulation as well as on themes in the broader sphere of IO e.g. industrial organisation and financial economics interaction, mode of entry of multinational firms in:
- Foreign markets
- Impact of the nature of the financial contracts on competition in the real sector
- Effects of corporate debt on managerial compensation
- Managerial herding
- Trust updating in infrastructure contracts
- Estimating dynamic discrete choice models, etc
- Game Theory and Behavioural Economics.
As part of our research programme we are making available a set of Working Papers and Publications by the Centre members and academic staff.
Among other activities, the CCRP has organised during the last decade regular bi-annual research workshops, special policy event days and more recently annual competition policy roundtables. The thematic coverage of such events includes the following:
- Economic Regulation of Infrastructure Industries (including Electricity, Telecoms, Gas, Water and other infrastructure industries such as airports, postal services, etc.)
- Economic Regulation of Quasi-Markets (e.g. Health, Education and other public services)
- General, Legal and Industry/Market specific Competition Policy Issues
- Boundaries and overlaps between Economic Regulation and Competition Policy for Utilities and Networks, Financial Services, Quasi-Markets, etc
- The role of Behavioural Economics in Competition and Regulation.
- Director Dr Xeni Dassiou
- Dr Albert Banal-Estanol
- Emeritus Professor John Cubbin
- Dr Francesc Trillas
- Honorary Visiting Professor Jon Stern
- Professor Neelam Jain
- Professor Klaus Zauner