- Che, X., Li, T., Lu, J. and Zheng, X. (2021). Deposit Requirements in Auctions. American Economic Journal: Microeconomics.
- Che, X., Huang, Y. and Zhang, L. (2021). Supervisory Efficiency and Collusion in a Multiple-Agent Hierarchy. Games and Economic Behavior. doi:10.1016/j.geb.2021.09.003.
- Che, X., Katayama, H., Lee, P. and Shi, N. (2019). Warranty, Seller Reputation, and Buyer Experience: Evidence From EBAY Used Car Auctions. The Journal of Industrial Economics, 67(3-4), pp. 593–627. doi:10.1111/joie.12213.
- Che, X. and Klumpp, T. (2016). Entry Deterrence in Dynamic Second-Price Auctions. American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, 8(2), pp. 168–201. doi:10.1257/mic.20140137.
- Che, X. and Humphreys, B.R. (2015). Competition Between Sports Leagues: Theory and Evidence on Rival League Formation in North America. Review of Industrial Organization, 46(2), pp. 127–143. doi:10.1007/s11151-014-9439-7.
- Che, X., Lee, P. and Yang, Y. (2013). The impact of resale on entry in second price auctions. Mathematical Social Sciences, 66(2), pp. 163–168. doi:10.1016/j.mathsocsci.2013.04.002.
- Che, X. and Yang, Y. (2012). Patent protection with a cooperative R&D option. Economics Letters, 116(3), pp. 469–471. doi:10.1016/j.econlet.2012.04.031.
- Che, X. (2011). Internet auctions with a temporary buyout option. Economics Letters, 110(3), pp. 268–271. doi:10.1016/j.econlet.2010.11.022.
London EC1V 0HB
XiaoGang Che joined the Department of Economics in July 2019 as a Senior Lecturer. Prior to joining City, he earned his PhD at University of Sydney, was a Post-doc fellow at University of Alberta, and worked as an Assistant Professor at Durham University. His research interests are applied microeconomic theory, applied game theory, and industrial organization.
- PhD, University of Sydney, Australia
- Master, Macquarie University, Australia
- Bachelor, Shandong University of Finance and Economics, China
- Senior Lecturer, City, University of London, Jul 2019 – present
- Assistant Professor, Durham University, Aug 2014 – Jun 2019
Publications by category
Journal articles (8)
- Che, X., Katayama, H. and Lee, P. (2020). Willingness to Pay for Brand Reputation: Lessons from the Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Scandal. London, UK: Department of Economics, City, University of London.