This Writing for the Web and Digital Media Workshop teaches you how to write effectively for the web. Unlock your digital writing skills today! Book now!
1 starting date
- Duration: 1 day
- Time: to
- Fees: £135 (no VAT)
- Occurs: Saturday
- Location: Online
- Booking deadline:
- 8 places leftBook now for 10th June start
Want to find out more?
Writing for the Web and Digital Media Course overview
The Writing for the Web and Digital Media workshop will cover the following topics:
- How to make your writing more effective
- How to find the story in your business communications
- How to attract and keep the attention of your audience
- How to present written content effectively
- How to find the right tone and voice for your organisation
The web writing course will also cover editing and proof-reading skills, best practices for titles and subheadings, blogging, editorial planning, how to use keywords to improve SEO and how to apply content marketing principles.
At the end of the Writing for the Web course you should hopefully feel confident in digital content writing.
Who is it for?
This digital writing course is aimed at anyone, across all industry sectors, wanting to improve their writing for digital media skills. The course is ideal for anyone responsible for creating online content for their organisation, whether they come from a marketing background or not.
Find out more about our Non-fiction writing courses
This Writing for the Web course takes place over one Saturday from 10.30-16.30.
- Delivered by experienced digital professional
- Taught in small groups
- Awarded a City, University of London certificate
What will I learn?
On the Writing for the web masterclass, you will cover the following topics:
- How writing for the web is different from writing for other media.
- How to improve your writing.
- How to edit your writing to suit different online platforms.
- How to engage your audience by finding valuable stories within your organisation.
- How to improve your SEO by using keywords.
- How content marketing can help you to promote your organisation.
- How to find the right voice for your organisation’s online communications.
- How to present your written content effectively.
- How blogging could benefit your business.
- How to organise and vary your written content with the help of an editorial calendar.
Assessment and certificates
A one-day, seminar-style workshop. Written exercises in class. Informal questions and answers with the tutor throughout.
There’s no formal assessment on this Writing for the Web course.
You’ll receive an official City certificate. Our short courses are not accredited.
This course is ideal for those who are responsible for creating online content for their organisation, whether they come from a marketing background or not. Attendees are welcomed from across all industry sectors.
Although technical issues, such as search engine optimisation (SEO) are discussed, the main focus of the course is on content creation and audience engagement.
Fluent written and spoken English.
Please note this class is not suitable for those students wishing to improve their English language skills.
The tutor will suggest material to read during the class.