This course is also offered as an intensive one-week summer school.
Please note this is a course for students already fluent in English and working in a business environment.
It is not suitable for those wishing to improve their English.
Students will be given homework and class exercises, and tutor feedback will be given throughout the course. You will be expected to share your written work with the group, as well as with the tutor, plus give and receive helpful feedback in class.
Topics explored in this interactive Writing for Business short course include how to:
- Get to the point
- Polish your bio and CV
- Excel at writing effective emails
- Write for the digital market
- Edit copy to a professional standard
- Engage your reader
- Structure your copy for maximum positive impact.
There will be live tutor feedback, plus opportunities to have your copy edited.
Who is it for?
Our Writing for Business short course enables business professionals to enhance their corporate document writing skills across a range of business functions. Students will learn various styles of writing and how to tailor their writing for different audiences, improving their skills and confidence.
Find out more about our Business at City, University of London courses
Writing for Business takes place over 8 weekly evening classes.
City Short Courses follow the academic year, delivering courses over three terms. These include:
- Autumn - October
- Spring - January
- Summer - April
- Our comprehensive Writing for Business short course empowers professionals to become confident and concise in their business writing skills.
- Students will learn a variety of proven tools, techniques and styles of writing, plus how to adapt their copy effectively to different audiences and mediums.
- Tutored by a journalist and copywriter of over 20 years, our 8 weekly evening classes help students improve – and enjoy using – their business writing skills.