This event is hybrid. If you would like to attend it online, please register by clicking the "Register now" button above.
The event will take place in TG14, Law School building.
This event launches the book "Understanding the EU as a Good Global Actor: Ambitions, Values and Metrics", published by Edward Elgar in Winter 2022.
This event is organised by Prof. Elaine Fahey, City Law School and Dr. Isabella Mancini, Brunel Law School.
Institute for the Study of European Law
5.30-5.40pm: Book overview: Elaine Fahey, City Law School (in person) and Isabella Mancini, Brunel Law School (in person), Editors, Understanding the EU as a Good Global Actor
5.40-6.00pm: Formal book launch: Prof. Dr. Frank Hoffmeister, European External Action Service (in person)
6.00-7.00pm: Contributor roundtable:
- Ignacio Garcia Bercero, European Commission (in person) and Kalypso Nicolaïdis, European University Institute (EUI) Florence (online)
- Billy Melo Araujo, Queen's University Belfast (in person)
- Yuliya Kaspiarovich, University of Groningen (online)
- Martin Trybus, University of Birmingham (in person)
- Eva Pander Maat, City Law School (in person)
- Jörg Polakiewicz, Council of Europe (online)
- Svetlana Yakovleva, University of Amsterdam (online)
- Xuechen Chen, New College of the Humanities, and Xinchuchu Gao, LSE (in person)
- Gesa Kübek, University of Groningen (in person)
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No 721916.
Attendance at City events is subject to our terms and conditions.
City Law School Building
London EC1V 0HB