When attending public events at City you accept these Terms and Conditions in full. Please make time to acquaint yourself with your rights and our expectations.
Cancellation of and changes to public events
- All advertised event dates, speakers and locations are subject to change.
- City, University of London reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrolment or other circumstances which would make the event unviable.
- Where an event is cancelled registered guests will be contacted as soon as possible. Guests should provide a valid email address when registering for events to ensure they are informed immediately of any last-minute changes.
- City, University of London will not cover any expenses incurred should an event be cancelled.
Right to refuse entry and latecomers
City, University of London reserves the right to refuse admission or request guests to leave before or during an event if, in its reasonable opinion:
- Admission to the venue might be a risk to the safety of the audience and/or the guest.
- Admission might affect the enjoyment of members of the audience.
- Admission might affect the running of the event.
- Guests have not pre-registered or the event is by invitation only.
- Appropriate action has been taken at previous events resulting in a guest being asked to leave.
- Guests do not arrive by the start of the event.
Photography and filming at events
- City, University of London may photograph, film and record events for use in the internal and external promotion of its activities through the university website, printed materials or social media channels without any limitations in perpetuity.
- Guests will be advised at the venue if filming and photography is taking place during an event and staff can advise guests where to sit if they do not wish to be photographed or filmed.
- All copyright is assigned to City, University of London for any recordings of events produced by the University and guests may be filmed or photographed without compensation.
- The unauthorised use of sound or film equipment in the venue is strictly prohibited without prior approval. If you wish to use this equipment, please contact the events team prior to the start of the event. Unauthorised recording may result in content being destroyed, and your removal from the event.
- Unless specified, our public events are suitable for ages 16 and above. However for most events, younger children are more than welcome to attend but must be accompanied by an adult who will be responsible for the child at all times. If you are unsure of the suitability of an event for a young person, please contact the events team.
Delegate names and information
- All registration options and guest data will be held in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- City, University of London will not be held responsible for any inconvenience caused by the supply of incorrect personal information provided by guests or delegates at registration stage for use on badges and delegate lists.
Freedom of speech
- Guests should refer to City, University of London’s policy on freedom of speech.
- All electronic equipment, especially mobile phones, must be set to silent before entering the event venue.
- City, University of London is not liable for any items left in the lecture theatres or milling spaces.
- Where a cloakroom is provided, all items are left at their owner’s risk. If any items are found or left in the cloakroom after an event has finished, they will be taken to the Security Office.