University External Examiner Induction
Our External Examiner Induction Sessions take place twice per academic year, usually around December during Semester 1 and around March-April during Semester 2. Dates will be confirmed with newly appointed External Examiners closer to the date.
Aspects to be covered during the Induction Session will include:
- Introduction to City's aims, character, strategy
- Types and roles of External Examiner at City and why they are important
- What you need to know about the Programme
- City's policies on assessment and feedback
- The External Examiner's Annual Report
- The broader HE context
- Question and answer session
There will be an hour set aside for Programme Directors and External Examiners to have one-to-one programme-specific induction sessions, further to the University induction.