In view of the need to make contingency arrangements for City during the Coronavirus pandemic, the University suspended its Senate Regulations on 26 March 2020. The Contingency Senate Regulations for 2019/20 provides a framework for progression and/or award during the affected period where the integrity of the assessment process is compromised by unforeseen circumstances (not otherwise accounted for in the Regulations) or where the application of the Regulations would unfairly disadvantage a group of students. For the academic year 19/20, the following Contingency Senate Regulations apply.
The Extenuating Circumstances Policy is now suspended for most students for the remainder of 2019/20 except for students on LPC, BVS and BPTC programmes. Students on LPC, BVS and BPTC programmes should continue to complete City’s Extenuating Circumstances form on E:Vision as normal. For all other students, please use the ‘Supporting your Academic Success’ form.
Assessment of learning is integral to the University's commitment to provide high quality of education and to underpin the academic standards of awards made to students in our name. Assessment Boards are sub-committees of Senate and are responsible for making formal recommendations on student progression and award based on the marks achieved by students. A student has the right to appeal a decision of the Assessment Board should his/her circumstances meet criteria set out in the Appeals Policy and Regulations.
- Assessment and Feedback Guidance
- Guidance and monitoring requirements for feedback turnaround times
- Template for turnaround times monitoring
- Glossary of terms
- Process flowchart for taught programmes
- Process flowchart for research programmes
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Guidance for Stage 2 request for university-level review
Interruption of Studies
- Interruption of Studies Student Guidance
- Interruption of Studies Staff Guidance (internal access only)
- Interruption of Studies Flowchart (internal access only)
- Return to Studies Flowchart (internal access only)
- BoS Report on Interruption of Studies template (internal access only)
- Agenda Template for Assessment Boards
- Agenda template for Interim Assessment Panels
- Minutes template for Assessment Boards
- Minutes templates for Interim Assessment Panels
- Chair's Action Form Template
- Pass list template for Validated Institutions
- Template for Recording Assessment Feedback Turnaround Times
The Extenuating Circumstances Policy is now suspended for most students for the remainder of 2019/20 expect for students on LPC and BPTC programmes. Students on LPC and BPTC programmes should continue to complete City’s Extenuating Circumstances form on E:Vision as normal. For all other students, please use the ‘Supporting your Academic Success’ form.
- Extenuating Circumstances (EC) Form (accessible via e:Vision)
- Taught Students Stage 1 Appeal Form (accessible via e:Vision)
- Validated Institution/Study Abroad Students Stage 1 Appeal Form
- Research Students School/ Validated Institution Appeal Form
- Request for Stage 2 Level Review (accessible via e:Vision) for all taught students except Study Abroad and Validated Institution students
- Request for Stage 2 Level Review for Study Abroad and Validated Institution students
- Request for Stage 2 Level Review for Research students