2013 terms and conditions
All information refers to 2013 year of entry only.
- Students must be registered full-time at City on 1 December 2013 to be eligible to receive The Lord Mayor of London Scholarship of Academic Excellence.
- Students must be new entrants to Higher Education i.e. have not previously studied part or all of an Undergraduate degree.
- Students must be commencing the first year of their degree as a new student i.e. those commencing in Year 2 or 3 will not be eligible.
- The Scholarship is available to all undergraduate students assessed as 'Home/EU' by City who meet the eligibility requirements.
- Students assessed as 'Overseas' by City, University of London and are liable for the 'international' fee are not eligible.
- Students whose fees are reassessed in the middle of their degree or who restart a degree will not be eligible.
- The required qualifications at 'A' level are ABB or above. 'A' levels must have been obtained from an official UK board. General Studies, Critical Thinking and Citizenship Studies 'A' levels are excluded. Two 'A' levels taken in the same subject will not count twice. Modular 'A' levels must have been cashed-in and certified.
- Equivalent qualifications are at the discretion of City, University of London. All qualifications are subject to confirmation.
- Students may be eligible for additional scholarships. However, students can be awarded either the National Scholarship Programme Award or The Lord Mayor of London Scholarship for Academic Excellence but not both. In the event of an applicant being eligible for both the NSP will be awarded. For more information please visit our scholarships web page.
- Scholarships within the School of Health Sciences are limited to 50 applicants and will be awarded to AAA students before AAB and in favour of early applicants.
- Students planning to do an Erasmus year or a placement year in industry will not be entitled to The Lord Mayor of London Scholarship for Academic Excellence for that year.
- Students who withdraw from City before completion of their studies will be liable to repay to City the full amount received for that year.
- City requires continuous academic excellence to award the Scholarship in subsequent years. You must normally achieve 60% or above in every progressive year to retain the scholarship.
- City, University of London reserves the right to make changes to the terms and conditions of The Lord Mayor of London Scholarship for Academic Excellence and these will appear on our website.