City, University of London Hardship Fund
The City Hardship Fund is funded by City, University of London and the City Future Fund and provides discretionary financial assistance for students who are in financial hardship or who face an unexpected financial emergency whilst they are studying.
Students must meet all of the eligibility criteria below:
- Students must be enrolled full-time or part-time students (at least 50% of a full-time equivalent course) at City, University of London;
- Students must apply for all eligible sources of funding before applying to the City Hardship Fund, this would include means tested maintenance loans and grants, NHS Student Bursary, Child Tax Credits, Housing Benefit, Parents Learning Allowance, Childcare Grant, Council Tax Reduction;
- Undergraduate and postgraduate students must be able to demonstrate that they have made reasonable provision to cover their tuition fees and living expenses, evidence is required;
- Students must be paid their first instalment of their Student Finance before applying to the City Hardship Fund;
- Students must not have any outstanding tuition fees due to City when making their application to the City Hardship Fund. No financial support can be provided towards payment of tuition fees under any circumstances.
Assessment and notification
Applications can only be assessed once the online application form and all required supporting documents have been submitted.
Applications are assessed in the order of receipt.
Both a financial assessment based on your income and outgoings will be conducted also taking into consideration your personal circumstances. Grants to not need to be repaid.
Priority is given to students with a disability, care leavers, dependent children and undergraduate students in their final year.
The maximum award for full-time students is £1,000 and £1,200 for priority students.
The maximum award for part-time students is £500 and £600 for priority students.
Once all the funds have been allocated to students, the Hardship Fund will close.
Please allow around 30 minutes to complete the online application form.
Ensure you have all your financial details to hand.
Applications without the required supporting documents will be rejected.
Apply online now