City, University of London Hardship Fund
This Hardship Fund is funded by City, University of London and the City Future Fund and provides discretionary financial assistance for students who are in financial hardship or who face an unexpected financial emergency whilst they are studying. Priority is given to students with a disability, care leavers, dependent children and undergraduate students in their final year. The maximum award is £1,000 (£1,200 for students with a disability or dependent children and care leavers) for full-time students and £500 and £600 respectively for part-time students. Once all the funds have been allocated to students, the Hardship Fund will close.
- Fully enrolled Home, EU and international students currently studying at City, University of London are eligible to apply.
- Students in receipt of Student Finance and/or a NHS Bursary must have received the first installment of funding before applying to the Hardship Fund.
- Students must have applied for all eligible sources of funding before applying e.g. means tested loans and grants, Child Tax Credits, Housing Benefit, Parents Learning Allowance.
- Full-time and part-time students are eligible to apply. Part-time students must be studying at least 50% of a full-time equivalent course.
- Undergraduate and postgraduate students must be able to demonstrate that they have made reasonable provision to cover their tuition fees and living expenses, evidence is required.
- Students must be up-to-date with tuition fee payments. We can not provide any help with the payment of tuition fees.
Assessment and notification
Applications are assessed in the order of receipt. The information submitted in your application is used to calculate your income and your expenditure within our set parameters and allowances. Grants are awarded on a percentage of your deficit, up to our maximum grant. After you have completed the application form and submitted all supporting documents, your application will be processed within four weeks. We will contact you via your City email address to notify you of the outcome of your application. If you have any queries please contact the Financial Support Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7040 7040.