School of Health Sciences
The School of Health Sciences at City University London is a leader in the field of healthcare education and health policy due to our interdisciplinary approach and world class research.
We offer a range of Undergraduate, Postgraduate Health Science Courses and Continuing Professional Development courses in: Health Management, Policy and Research; Human Communication; Midwifery; Nursing; Optometry; Public Health; Radiography; and Speech and Language Therapy.
Combining state-of-the-art facilities and industry leading teaching and research the School of Health Sciences at City is a place where students, academics, practitioners and policy makers come to learn, share and innovate.
- Rated No. 1 in London for Nursing (Guardian University Guide 2013)
- Over 120 years experience in training health professionals - the School incorporates the former St Bartholomew School of Nursing and Midwifery
- Centrally placed in the largest concentration of hospitals in the UK, we work with over 70% of London NHS Trusts
- Ranked top London Nursing and Midwifery submission in the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) and achieved second highest volume of 4* research in the country
- One of the first institutions in the world to train optometrists. The first full-time course in ophthalmic optics began at the antecedent institution to City in 1927
- Largest provider of speech and language therapy courses in the UK
- The Saad Centre for Radiography Clinical Skills Education offers radiography facilities that are unmatched in the UK
Study at the School Of Health Sciences
- Undergraduate healthcare degree courses in nursing, midwifery, speech & language therapy, human communication, radiography (diagnostic imaging), radiography (radiotherapy and oncology) and optometry.
- Top-up degrees for health and social care professionals
- Flexible continuing professional development (CPD) courses for healthcare professionals who want to extend skills and qualifications
- Postgraduate degree courses leading to postgraduate certificate, diploma and masters qualifications
- Research degrees via a range of study routes - traditional, structured, by prior publication and by prospective publication
- Courses for international students
Research at the School
City University London Campus Tour Video