Study at City
  1. Courses
  2. Applying
  3. Fees and funding
  4. Living in London
  5. Visit us & online events
  6. Student support
  7. International students
  8. Order a prospectus
  9. Ask a student
  1. Accommodation
  2. Postgraduate halls
Study at City

Postgraduate halls

City, University of London offers a variety of accommodation options and support services for postgraduate students.

City's postgraduate residences are split across four areas, each of which is easily reached from the University:

  • Alliance House in vibrant Newington Green
  • Willen House in a fantastic location close to trendy Shoreditch
  • iQ City just 7 minutes walk from the University.

Fees & contracts

City, University of London recognises that the cost of living and studying in London can be high. In order to make studying at City affordable and accessible to all our undergraduate students, City, University of London has introduced an accommodation subsidy to reduce the cost of its undergraduate halls of residence. Find out more about postgraduate fees and contracts.

International & exchange students

City, University of London works with several third party housing providers offering safe and modern accommodation within easy travelling distance of the main City buildings. If you are coming to City as an International Student for the full academic year you are eligible to apply for accommodation in City's nominated halls.

If you are coming to study at City from outside the European Union (EU), you will need to apply for a visa. Our dedicated team of International Student Advisers can assist should you need advice on your application.

How to apply

As a postgraduate student, you will be able to make an application for City's affiliated Halls once you have firmly accepted your course offer at City. Once you have firmly accepted your course offer you will be sent an email with a link to the application form generally within 48 hours. If you do not receive this email please get in contact with our office.