Images of Research 2020 Competition
Can you capture your entire research project in a single image? City, University of London presents this challenge to our researchers.
Images of Research 2020 is a simple yet powerful concept to showcase the marvellous diversity of research activities across the university. We would like you to capture research projects in a visually attractive way, in a form understandable by a general audience.
A one-minute video explaining your research/image will be required for each image entry.
Up to seven prizes of £250 each (in John Lewis vouchers) are available to each winning team.
Tuesday 12pm, 15th December 2020
Results to be announced 3rd Feb 2021
- Images of Research Prize (open to staff and postgraduates students) x 3 awards
- People’s Prize (open to staff and postgraduates students)
- Children’s Prize (open to staff and postgraduates students)
- Special Undergraduate Image of Research Prize (undergraduate students only)
- People’s Prize to be voted on social media by survey
- Children’s prizes to be judged and voted by local school children working with the University’s’ community outreach teams.
Why should I enter?
The University values this competition as a way for our staff and students to express their research using a different approach to the usual conference presentations and papers. Images (and accompanying video) are the perfect medium for engaging a non-specialist audience and capture the essence of even complex research projects in an accessible way.
The entries for the Images of Research 2020 will be displayed within the university campus and used for online and other marketing purposes. This is a unique opportunity to raise your research profile and engage a public audience.
Entries to the Images of Research 2020 exhibition can be in any number of different forms – It might be a depiction of data taken directly from your work, it may be a photograph that is representative of your project or it might be artwork of your own creation.
Please see attached entry forms for further details
Enquiries email: email@example.com