This centre draws together the recognised expertise of a number of researchers within the department.
There is a strong and particular focus on the existing research groups focused on cognitive neuroscience, occupational and health psychology, mindfulness-based interventions, and cognitive impairments associated with mental health problems. The Centre benefits from a close and explicit partnership with City's local branch of Mind (the mental health charity), and an applied Psychology Training and Research Clinic.
Academic experts teach on undergraduate, postgraduate and research degrees offered by the Psychology Department. Their teaching is informed by their research and the close links with external partners.
Aims of the centre
We aim to support the transformation of local community mental health services through:
- Active partnerships with City and Hackney Mind, City and Hackney CCG, East London NHS Trust, Shoreditch Trust & other local community organisations
- Ongoing knowledge transfer events
- Future partnerships with local community organisations wishing to improve mental health services and develop evidence-based practices.
We aim to bring innovation and best practice to Hackney and (East) London by:
- Supporting the improvement of mental health services and wellbeing in the community and workplace
- Developing and disseminating evidence-based practices
- Offering Interdisciplinary research: bringing frontline work, applied psychology and neuroscience into dialogue with one another
- Facilitating research-led education through talks, events and the newly created MSc in Clinical, Social and Cognitive Neuroscience.
- Dr Katy Tapper
- Dr Angeliki Bogosian
- Dr Sebastian Gaigg
- Dr Anke Plagnol
- Dr Anne-Kathrine Fett
- Dr Beatriz Calvo-Merino
- Dr Andreas Kappes
- Dr Trudi Edington
- Carla Willig