We are one of the oldest and biggest Sociology departments in London, and our central location gives you direct access to the learning and cultural resources of a global city.
A wide range of employers recognise the skills a Sociology-based degree can give you:
- a deeper theoretical understanding the complexities of our rapidly changing society
- how data can inform decision making and the interconnectivity of all the elements that make up a society, such as culture, communications, politics, workers' rights, equality, crime.
Studying Sociology can open up a range of rewarding career opportunities.
The subject can provide an ideal pathway into careers in market research, social data analysis, policy making, marketing, human resources, teaching and many other roles.
How to become a civil servant
Working in the Civil Service opens up a huge variety of roles and opportunities with learning and development throughout your career.
How to become a data analyst
Data analysts analyse, interpret and extract high volumes of data that help organisations capitalise on new opportunities or prevent future risks.
- Criminology and Sociology BSc (Hons) Undergraduate degree
- Sociology with Psychology BSc (Hons) Undergraduate degree
- Sociology BSc (Hons) Undergraduate degree
- Psychology and Social Neuroscience PhD/MPhil Postgraduate research degree
- Media, Communication and Sociology BSc (Hons) Undergraduate degree
- International Politics and Sociology BSc (Hons) Undergraduate degree
- International Communications and Development MA Postgraduate taught degree
- Global Creative Industries MA Postgraduate taught degree
- Sociology PhD/MPhil Postgraduate research degree