Studying Politics at City, you will be based at the heart of a major political and financial capital, and will learn from internationally recognised leaders in their fields with expertise in areas that include:
- international relations
- foreign policy and diplomacy
- international politics
- political science
- civil rights
- current affairs.
A wide range of employers recognise the increasing importance of people with a deep understanding of contemporary global issues and the challenges facing the world.
Our students move into careers in international organisations and NGOs, the civil service, media or the private and corporate sector, investment banking and economics.
How to become a political assistant
City will help you prepare for a role as a political assistant where you will be expected to undertake research, administrative support and publicity duties.
How to become a civil servant
Working in the Civil Service opens up a huge variety of roles and opportunities with learning and development throughout your career.
- Politics PhD/MPhil Postgraduate research degree
- Introduction to English Law and Legal Method Short courses and professional development
- Politics BSc (Hons) Undergraduate degree
- International Politics BSc (Hons) Undergraduate degree
- International Politics MA Postgraduate taught degree
- Global Political Economy MA Postgraduate taught degree
- History and Politics BA (Hons) Undergraduate degree
- International Political Economy BSc (Hons) Undergraduate degree
- Diplomacy and Foreign Policy MA Postgraduate taught degree
- Journalism, Politics and History BA (Hons) Undergraduate degree
- International Politics and Sociology BSc (Hons) Undergraduate degree
- International Politics and Human Rights MA Postgraduate taught degree