Civil engineers are at the forefront of building the modern world, and we are committed to equipping our students with the skills in design, construction, management and sustainability needed for a successful future in the construction industry.
As a Civil Engineering student at City, you will develop technical expertise, strategic thinking, innovation and communication skills, which are highly valued within the construction industry, other fields of engineering and in roles ranging from teaching to marketing and investment banking.
Accrediting bodies have commended how closely we involve industry in our courses, and our unique ‘Open Door to Industry’ scheme and speed-networking careers events allow students to develop an in-depth understanding of the profession of civil engineer.
How to become a civil engineer
If you are considering a career in Civil Engineering, City can help set you on the right path.
How to become a mechanical engineer
Mechanical engineers work across all aspects of design and building, from road and rail transports to telecommunications, manufacturing to aeronautics.
Why study Civil engineering at City?
The geotechnical centrifuge facility is the centrepiece of our civil engineering equipment, giving students hands-on experience with industrial technology.
Our civil engineering laboratories include a range of state-of-the-art equipment for model preparation, concrete mixing and casting, testing and teaching.
A well-equipped engineering materials testing laboratory provides a focus for construction materials and are set up to support collaborative working.
- Civil Engineering MEng (Hons) Undergraduate degree
- Construction Management MSc Postgraduate taught degree
- Civil Engineering Foundation course
- Civil Engineering Structures MSc Postgraduate taught degree
- Civil Engineering BEng (Hons) Undergraduate degree
- Civil and Infrastructure Engineering BEng (Hons) Undergraduate degree
- Civil and Infrastructure Engineering MEng (Hons) Undergraduate degree
- Temporary Works and Construction Method Engineering MSc Postgraduate taught degree
- Civil Engineering PhD/MPhil Postgraduate research degree