Topics covered include object-oriented programming in PHP, PDO, database integrity, authentication, security and session handling, server side data validation, on-the-fly image generation, PHP libraries and Composer, and configuration of web development environments under Windows and Unix.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Build modular web applications
- Use object oriented programming techniques
- Keep track of users with sessions and cookies
- Secure a PHP site
- Integrate with 3rd-party web services using PHP
- Process web forms robustly and securely.
Led by an experienced web developer, the course aims to takes your existing skills to the next level, developing real-world web applications with PHP and MySQL.
Who is it for?
This advanced short course is ideal for those who have successfully completed the Web Programming with PHP/MySQL Part 1 or have good PHP/MySQL skills. You will require (X)HTML authoring skills ideally through completion of our introductory web authoring course Building Websites with HTML5 and CSS3.
Find out more about our Programming at City, University of London courses
This practical course takes place over ten weekly evenings.
City Short Courses follow the academic year, delivering courses over three terms. These include:
- Autumn - October
- Spring - January
- Summer - April
- Delivered by an industry professional
- Taught in small groups
- Awarded a City, University of London certificate