PHP is a is a widely used open-source general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for back-end web development and can be embedded into HTML. Popular in the industry, it has been used to create many sites on the web, including Facebook, Wikipedia, Tumblr, Slack, Etsy and WordPress.
This PHP web development course teaches the fundamentals of programming, which can be applied to any computing language. It then focuses on how these fundamentals can be applied to the PHP language to create server-side code and develop dynamic websites.
By the end of the course, you will be able to
- Understand the basics of computer programming constructs
- Apply programming constructs in PHP
- Write and debug procedural PHP scripts
- Build websites with easily updatable content
- Read and write data from/to a website
- Create dynamic pages and image galleries
- Create user forms to interact with website visitors
- Use PHP to send emails.
Who is it for?
If you are already familiar with HTML, this course will enable you to build more powerful web solutions. You will advance to dynamic website/intranet programming and applications using the open-source PHP scripting language.
Find out more about our Computer science and computing courses
This practical course takes place over ten weekly evenings.
City Short Courses follow the academic year, delivering courses over three terms. These include:
- Autumn - October
- Spring - January
- Summer - April
- Delivered by an industry professional
- Taught in small groups
- Awarded a City, University of London certificate