The short course broadly comprises the fundamentals of programming with PHP, relational database design and operations with MySQL, and web solutions using PHP and MySQL.
By the end of the short course, you will be able to:
- Understand the basics of programming in PHP
- Write and debug procedural PHP scripts
- Understand fundamental relational database concepts
- Design a relational database suitable for a blog
- Code a simple content management system
- Understand the importance of web application security
Who is it for?
If you are already familiar with HTML, this course will enable you to build more powerful web solutions. You will advance to dynamic, database-enabled, website/intranet programming and applications using the open-source PHP scripting language and MySQL database.
Find out more about our Computer science and computing at City, University of London courses
This practical course takes place over ten weekly evenings.
PHP with MySQL is a very popular combination for creating small web apps. With PHP developers can create dynamic websites and apps with greater functionality.