Our Human Resource Management short course provides an entry-level introduction to HR. It’s ideal if you’re pursuing a career in Human Resource Management or if you deal with HR matters as part of your role.
No starting dates
Starting date to be confirmed
- Duration: 10 weeks (unconfirmed)
- Fees: £460 (unconfirmed)
- Location: Online (unconfirmed)
Human Resource Management Course overview
Learn the key tools and skills to make the most of opportunities and gain a good understanding of HR procedures with our practical and hand-on Human Research Management training programme.
From practical topics such as recruitment, remuneration and administration, to more theoretical components, such as fostering good employee relations, the Human Resource course is the ideal way to develop HR knowledge and expertise.
Delivered online over 10-weekly evenings our Human Resource Management short course provides students with a solid foundation for understanding the role of HR in organisations.
- The role of human resources in organisations
- Recruitment and interviewing techniques
- Human industrial relations
- Training and development
- Remuneration and administration.
Who is it for?
If you work within the field of Human Resources - or are seeking to move into this industry - our Human Resource Management course will give you the skills to succeed.
Find out more about our Business courses
This human resources management course takes place every Wednesday at 18.30 for 10 weeks.
City Short Courses follow the academic year, delivering courses over three terms. These include:
- Autumn - October
- Spring - January
- Summer - April
- Learn from industry experts with ‘real-word’ experience
- Delivered over 10-weekly evening classes, ideal for working professionals
- Accessible, small virtual classrooms
What will I learn?
Over the course of 10-weekly evening classes on the Human Research Management course, you will learn to:
- Understand the importance of human resources and their management within organisations
- Become aware of alternative approaches to the management of people with an organisation
- Appreciate the technical competencies (knowledge and techniques) in the control and management of human resources with due cognisance of legal requirements
- Recognise the importance of good employee relations
- Understand the job brief design (analysis, specification, description, recruitment) and selection methods.
Assessment and certificates
Informal assessment will take place through group discussion and class room activities as guided by your tutor.
There is no formal assessment and no qualification issued at the end of the human resources management course, but you will be awarded an official City, University of London short course certificate for attending at least 70 percent of the course.
We do not ask for any qualifications to enrol in this course, only an enthusiasm for learning and a genuine interest in the subject area.
You will need a good level of spoken and written English to enrol on this course.