The 2023 event
Priority bookings for this conference are being offered to an invited academic audience.
N.B. Registration is required in advance to attend this event. All timings mentioned refer to UK time and the event is scheduled to take place in person. Please familiarise yourself with the current guidance for visitors attending in person events at City and the terms and conditions for attending public events at City.
Kindly sponsored by
An annual event hosted by City, University of London
The next generation of professionals need to be more socially responsible. This event welcomes all subject areas and disciplines to take part.
This national symposium will bring together experts and stakeholders from academia, industry, charities and government organisations together to debate different aspects of developing the next generation of socially responsible professionals (SRP).
We need to develop the next generation of professionals that are aware of the impact of their decisions, the role of ethical behaviour and professional activities on the society, environment, resources and people and have working knowledge to use tools that will help them to optimise the impact.
The event will start with a series of keynote addresses and then an open debate on the issues with the audience in the afternoon. A report on the discussions will be published after the symposium.
The symposium will encourage informed discussion around:
- Identify the common ground across professions on social responsibility and let them share best practice.
- Develop a skills base for SRP that future learners can use in their professional decision making, that accounts for evolving social needs.
The symposium will cover education and research aspects of developing the professionals and will include active discussions and debate on the following topics:
- Diversity, unconscious bias and equality
- Corporate social responsibility
- Global sustainable programmes
- Cultural differences and practice
- Legislation and regulation
- Business and research ethics
- Circular economy
- Leadership and social value
- Privacy, identity and data protection
Attendance at City events is subject to our terms and conditions.