12th International Conference on Compressors and their Systems
This 3-day conference provides a forum where developments in air, gas and refrigeration compressors, vacuum pumps, expanders, related systems and components will be discussed in various forms including keynote addresses, research and technical papers and podium presentations.
This conference will cover a range of topics, including:
- Technology Developments
- Numerical and experimental modelling, analysis and testing
- Novel applications
- Operation, Maintenance and Reliability
- Safety and Environmental Impact
- Energy Efficiency and Carbon Footprint
- System Integration and Behaviour
- Upgrades and Refurbishment
- Design and Manufacture
- Education and Professional Development.
Industry sessions of non-technical nature will be included throughout the conference in order to make the whole programme more cohesive.
These sessions will give representatives from the industry an opportunity to describe how their companies are responding to the ever-changing market demands and technological advances. This is a platform to frame current challenges, and provide the essential context and direction to shape future research. We invite industrial leaders to submit their proposed presentations by the same deadlines set for technical papers.
The conference will be preceded by a Short Course and Forum on Computation Fluid Dynamics in Rotary Positive Displacement Machines, taking place on 4th - 6th September 2021.
- The proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Compressors and their Systems will be published online by the IOP Publishing. This is an open access journal.
- Copyright is retained by authors or their employers.
- Selected authors will be invited to submit extended Conference papers for a Special Issue of the Proceedings of the IMechE, Part E: Journal of Process Mechanical Engineering.
Who should attend
Manufacturers and designers of compressors, expanders, their systems and control systems, suppliers, end users, research organisations, educational institutions.
Register your interest
Register on Conftool to stay abreast of the latest updates about the Conference and the Short Course. By registering on Conftool, you agree to receive regular updates via email.
Through Conftool you can also access the conference programme, digital papers and author details.
Centre for Compressor Technology
The International Conference on Compressors and their Systems is organised by the Centre for Compressors Technology at City, University of London.
Formed at City in 1995 with support from the Royal Academy of Engineering and Holroyd, the Centre recently celebrated its jubilee anniversary, reinstating its aim to continue the advancement of compression technologies as it continues to grow.
By conducting world class R&D, providing education, developing software, and supplying consultancy and training, the Centre is not just contributing to the screw machine industry far beyond the British Isles but it is also significantly impacting the reach towards the global energy efficiency targets.