Admission Price: Free to attend; please sign up to reserve a space
A celebration of the significant birthdays of an inspiring group of composers and performers: Hans-Joachim Hespos (80), Gwyn Pritchard (70), Kunsu Shim (60), Alwynne Pritchard (50) and Ian Pace (50).
Performers will include Alwynne Pritchard, members of the City Pierrot Ensemble, CUEE (City Experimental Ensemble) and guests.
Programme to include:
- Hans-Joachim Hespos, point (1971)
- Alwynne Pritchard, 50 is a magic number (2018)
- Ian Pace, Das hat Rrrrasss (2018) (WP)
- Patrícia Suçena de Almeida, Desperatio (Piano Piece No. 5) (2017-18) (WP of completed version)
- Kunsu Shim, Das (Un)klare (2018)
- Gwyn Pritchard, Quintet (2018)
- Kunsu Shim, Zwel Halbmonde (2016)
- Evan Johnson, qu’en joye on vous demaine (2017)
- Gwyn Pritchard, Micropus 1-6 (2002-9)
- Alwynne Pritchard, Vitality Forms 2 (2016)
Plus a new sequence of tributes organised by Gerhard Stäbler:
- Gerhard Stäbler
PRÄSENTE·PRESENTS: "A compositionally edited collection of musical contributions from over 20 composers from all over the world."
City, University of London, gratefully acknowledges the generous support of Uroboros Ensemble and of Richard Jeffrey in staging this event.