Admission Price: Free to attend; please book a place.
Mezzo soprano Lore Lixenberg presents an intriguing programme of rarely heard music for voice, harp and electronics, including Luigi Nono's landmark, highly politicised piece La fabbrica illuminata, which pits the live singer against the sounds of a factory.
Lixenberg is a unique force in new music, having performed at international festivals with orchestras and ensembles including the Halle, Ensemble Intercontemporain, London Sinfonietta and Klangforum Wien. She developed and appeared in the infamous Jerry Springer the Opera and in cult television programmes such as Simon Munnery and Stewart Lee’s Attention Scum.
(BBC 2). Her work with Theatre de Complicite includes Miss Donnithornes Maggot (Peter Maxwell Davies) and Out of a House Walked a Man at the National Theatre. She also runs La Plaque Tournante, an artist's space in Berlin, together with Frédéric Acquaviva. <
- Frédéric Acquaviva Paradoxical Sleep Music (2015)
- Frédéric Acquaviva Self Portrait Music (2015)
- Denis Dufour Ryoan-ji (le jardin de pierre de Kyoto) (2010)
- Denis Dufour Accordéon (2012)
- Ivo Malec Cantate Pour Elle (1966)
- Luigi Nono La fabbrica illuminata (1964)
Share this event
When & where
7.00pm - 8.00pmTuesday 29th November 2016